CHAPTER #39

During the early am hours, while Nate and Jenny had been busy making up from their fight, Chuck had gone back racing and had won two motorcycles and a load of cash. He split the cash with Raiden, returned the cars and made arrangements to have the motorcycles dropped off at the new hotel. Once done with the motorcycles, Raiden would buy them off Chuck. He was on the phone when Jenny and Nate finally emerged from their room in the late afternoon.

Being polite, Jenny whispered, "I am so hungry!"

Nate nodded his head in agreement. He got on the room phone and called to order brunch. Then they had some coffee and waited for Chuck to get off the phone too.

"Good morning, er I mean afternoon Chuck," Jenny said once he'd hung up.

Chuck nodded, made a fresh drink and then sat down with them. "So we will move to the Park Hyatt Hotel and then we are going on a motorcycle ride through Mount Haruna."

"Nice, Akari said they do touge racing on that mountain," Nate said.

Jenny added, "so that means a lot of curves... now that will be awesome on a motorcycle!"

Chuck grinned, "these aren't just any motorcycles though. Last night I won a blue Suzuki Hayabusa and a silver Honda Blackbird."

Always cautious, Nate said, "then Jenny and I will take a slow cruise down the mountain first, check the roads. After that maybe we'll do a speed lap."

"And race you!" Jenny challenged Chuck.

Chuck shot her a raised eyebrow. They packed up their stuff, had a bell boy take it to the limo and then left. As they drove to Park Hyatt hotel, Chuck explained that he and Blake had bought all the rooms on the top floor. Blake's after-party would take place on the roof top, by the pool. They got a room each all adjoining. As usual, Nate and Jenny ended up constantly in each other's rooms, so they just left the door between open permanently. They took a tour of the hotel and found it was just as nice as the other one. Jenny and Nate went for a swim in the pool, as Chuck waited for the motorcycles arrival. The two of them had returned from the pool, showered and where about to change, when Chuck knocked on the door. Nate let him in.

"Here are the keys, helmets and suits. I know the leather is a bit tight, but if you wipe out, this stuff is the best protection there is." Chuck said.

The helmets fit perfectly and they decided to ride to the mountain right away. The ride there was about 2 hours. They stopped once to walk around and Jenny massaged her numb butt. They followed Chuck up the mountain, but at a much slower rate. Dipping into the turns and speeding out of them, was such a rush. The motorcycles performed beautifully, as this was what they were designed for, just as much as straight line speed. The freedom that these machines gave them, made Jenny decide that one day she would get her motorcycle license too. No one could be on a cell phone on a motorcycle. No one could reach them, it was just them, the rode and the mountain air. Riding detoxed their souls. They stopped after they had rode once up and once down the mountain. Removing their helmets, they looked around at the mountain scenery.

Jenny rubbed her fanny, "I need a break, if you guys want to race each other."

Chuck nodded. "Lets put a wager on it. If I win...."

Jenny tuned out and inhaled deeply, the fresh air was a relief compared to the city smells of Tokyo. When she started listening to Nate and Chuck again, she realized they were very competitive. "Are you guys ready? When I drop my hand that's when you go. I will give you a count down with my fingers visually."

She waited until they were ready, both gunning the engines. Then standing between them, Jenny counted down using her hands and her voice, "Five, Four, Three, Two, One... GO!" She dropped her hand.