19

"Paul?" I whisper, stepping out of the house. A cold gust of wind whips by me and I shiver, pulling my robe closer to my body. 

A light is visible in his house and thoughts of when I'd found him passed out on the ground flash through my mind. I run back inside my home and run to the phone. After the phone rings a few times, he picks up.

"Hello?" Sleep is evident in his voice, but he sounds much more sober. I breathe a sigh of relief.

"Thank God you're okay," I sigh, not even bothering to say 'hello' back.

"Essie? Is that you?"

"Yeah, it's me."

"Essie...why was I in your home?" he sounds worried. "Did something...y'know..."

I gasp. "No, nothing like that! Do you not remember?"

He pauses for a moment and then, "...no, I don't."

"You...you were drunk, Paul. I'm not sure where you were at, but some people brought you over. You—" I cut myself off, deciding not to bring up the fact that he confused me as his wife. I had a feeling that it would only cause more misery for him.

Another pause. "I...was drunk? Again?"

I bite my lip and hesitate, but answer anyway. "Yes, you were."

He falls silent for a third time. But this time, his silence is permanent.

The conversation ends before I can say anything more.

Guys

College talk is scary

Idk how old all of my readers are but

Enjoy youth while you have it 😂

Can it be 2003 again please

I was 5

2003 was a good year

Go sign Dreamlovegood901's petition and watch her video! Links in the comments!