32

"What's happening?!" I cry out as I run to a medic. The others are loading Paul into the vehicle, but I pull one to the side.

"Who are you?" The man raises an eyebrow.

If I tell them that I'm just Paul's neighbor, they might not tell me what's going on. So I blurt out the first thing that comes to my mind.

"I'm Paul's girlfriend. I live next door." I put at my house with my thumb.

The man looks skeptical for a minute or so, but he finally nods to himself and sighs.

"Ma'am, your boyfriend was at a bar. He was so drunk that some people who knew him had to bring him home. I'm surprised he didn't call you."

"I always tell him to, but he never remembers my number when he's drunk," I sigh. I hope I sound convincing.

The medic nods and continues on, sounding much more hesitant. "After they brought him inside, he started going on and on about how he...he was going to kill himself."

"What?!"

"He locked himself in the bathroom, and that's when we got the call. When we arrived, we found him on the floor with a medicine bottle in hand."

I gasp and my hand flies to my mouth.

I'm not pretending anymore.

"Luckily, he hadn't taken a fatal dose. But had we been any later—"

I interrupt the man. I know what he's going to say.

"He wouldn't have made it."

Hello, my name is Satan. What's yours?

Go sign Dreamlovegood901's Buddy Holly petition and watch her video! Links in the comments!