25

"Paul?" I knock on the door.

There's no answer, and the familiar feeling of fear rises within me again as, like before, I find the door unlocked.

Oh God, please tell me nothing happened.

I step into the dark, chilly home and close the door behind me as I call Paul's name. There's no answer and my heart beats rapidly in my chest as I walk through the home, praying that he's okay.

Finally, I find him. He's sitting on the floor of his kitchen, with a beer bottle in one hand and a cigarette in the other. He looks up at me, a grin spreading across his face.

Had he not left less than ten minutes earlier, I'd think he was drunk.

"What are you doing here?" he asks as he brings the beer bottle to his lips. I shake my head as I sit down next to the man and take the alcohol away from him, gently but firmly.

"Hey! That's mine!"

I sigh and shake my head again. "Paul, you can't keep doing this to yourself."

A bitter laugh escapes his lips. "Oh, don't pretend like you understand. What hardships have you ever faced in your life, Estelle? You're young and naive! You're barely anything more than a child."

I gasp quietly, his words hurting more than they should.

"That's not true."

He snickers at me. "Prove it."

I open my mouth to defend myself, but before I can 'prove it' like he'd told me to, he presses his lips firmly against mine.

Go sign Dreamlovegood901's Buddy Holly petition and watch her video! Links in the comments!