47

"No! Oh God, no no no!"

Paul is on the ground, covered in glass and blood. It looks like he'd slipped and fallen through the shower's sliding glass door. There's a towel covering most of his body and I assume that he'd yanked it from the rack on the wall when he fell.

"Paul! Oh God!" I kneel down next to him and quickly brush the glass shards off of him, occasionally wincing as a piece cuts my hand. He's lying on his stomach and I gently turn him over.

"E-Essie?"

"I'm here, Paul. Oh God, don't move," it doesn't look like he can anyway. The deepest cut looks like it's in his leg, which explains why he couldn't get up to answer the door. "I-I'm going to go call an ambulance, okay? Don't move."

"N-No!" he suddenly gasps, grasping my arm.

"Paul—"

"Th-Theyll think this happened on purpose. There's a man across the street—Wilbur Martin. He's a doctor."

"Paul, I don't think—"

"Please. Address 291. Please, get him instead."

I look at Paul for a moment, but the sticky blood escaping through several wounds in his body remind me that I need to hurry. I nod, before scrambling to my feet.

"H-Hurry."

Go sign Dreamlovegood901's Buddy Holly petition and watch her video! Links in the comments!