64

Though hesitant, I agree to get out of the car with Paul. He smiles at me and we begin to walk down a long trail.

"Relax, Estelle. It's okay," he takes my hand and squeezes it. I smile at him, but on the inside I'm still very nervous and jumpy.

We continue our walk, hand in hand. The surroundings are peaceful, but busy at the same time. I see three little girls skipping rope, a teenage boy gliding by on his roller skates, and an elderly couple laughing quietly together on a bench, lost in their own little world.

"See? It's not all bad," Paul murmurs. I nod, but stay close to him.

During our walk, we pass by a woman with a camera. To my surprise, Paul stops and begins chatting with her.

"My name's Paul and this is my girlfriend, Estelle," he introduces us to the woman, whose name is Linda. "I was wondering if you wouldn't mind taking some photos of us by that tree over there?"

She looks over to where Paul is pointing, and smiles. "I'd be happy to! Are you on vacation together?"

"No ma'am," he shakes his head and returns her smile, "just out enjoying our day together."

Paul directs me over to the tree. I begin to feel embarrassed, having no clue what I should do with myself, but as it turns out, Paul's already got that covered. He grabs me by the waist and holds me close as he kisses me deeply. I hear the snap of the camera go off as I loosely wrap my arms around his neck.

Linda takes a few more photos and once we've finished, Paul thanks her again.

"No problem! I'll go out and develop these as soon as I can. May I mail them to you?"

Paul agrees and we swap addresses. We thank the woman again before she walks off, and I turn to face Paul.

"You were right," I admit, playing with my locket.

"About?"

I blush. "Today ended up being wonderful. Thank you."

"Anything for you, my love."

Go sign Dreamlovegood901's Buddy Holly petition and watch her video! Links in the comments!