Chapter 22

Chapter 22

We wrestled in mid-air, kicking and grabbing at eachother's clothes while trying to stay afloat. The dark angel spewed curses as I fought him. He was strong. I gritted my teeth and bit his hand as he tried to cover my mouth. He cried out in pain, trying to pull his hand away. I bit down until I tasted blood. bowing him in the ribs, I grasped him by the collar of his shirt and tried to knock him out. Wriggling out of my grasp, he flew off. I only followed, keeping up with him easily. The air rushed by me. My wings cut through the air easily, making elaborate turns and quick transitions to keep up with the dark angel. I tried to get a hold of him again, but he was watching me now with caution. Dammit!

"Angel scum!" he screamed at the top of his lungs.

"Traitor!" I replied.

The dark angels (of more commonly known as fallen angels) were the descendants of Lucifer. The Bible says that Lucifer fell from heaven after betraying God. The descendants of Lucifer are hell bent on destroying the human kind and taking over the world as their own. To keep up their dwindling population, they rape human women without a second thought. Fortunately, most of their children born that way either die in the womb or during birth. Most of the world's terrorist groups are run by dark angels. Hence one of the reasons why the CIA started Project N. When they found out, their humans agents wouldn't be enough to cover it. The light angels (like me) are the descendants of the Archangels of Heaven. But I won't get into that now. Right now, I need to kick this guy's ass. 

Trying again, I swooped high above him, keeping a close eye, and threw myself down full force. My  now tattered shirt whipped around me, the remains being pulled around in the wind. Adrenaline rushed through me. Being a spy has made me a complete adrenaline junkie. I think best in the most exciting situations. It's the way I was raised. It's the way I've learned to be. It's the way I will stay. I hit the guy full force again, grabbing his arms and pinning them behind his back quicker than I'd ever done before. He cried out in pain and struggled, trying to get away from my grasp. His black wings thrashed, but with his arms pinned behind his back, his wings were also restrained. I gritted my teeth, trying to carry both his bulky weight and my own with my wings. The feathers of my wings ruffled at the effort, straining to keep both me and my captive in the air.

"Let me go you worthless heap of-"

"Shut. The. Fuck. Up." I yelled, annoyed.

He opened his mouth to speak again, but I grabbed his wing, hard. He cried out in pain as I found the nerve right where the wing connects to the back. His face twisted in pure pain before he completely went lights-out. I swore loudly as his body weight no longer supported itself when he went limp. I strained to keep his body slightly above the clouds. His feet brushed the clouds tops. Close enough. With that, I made the long and painful trek all the way to Langley. By Project N rules, I have to bring in every dark angel I take down for questioning or imprisonment. This guy, in particular, was flying a bit too close to the White House for my liking. I made Garret stop his car because I saw the guy circling above, slightly dipping under the clouds for the slightest minute. A normal person would've ignored it, believing that they saw a bird. If only they knew...