Chapter 39

Chapter 39

"And we danced all night to

The best song ever

We knew every line

Now I can't remember

How it goes but I know

That I won't forget her

'Cos we danced all night to

The best song ever

I think it went oh, oh, oh

I think it went yeah, yeah, yeah

I think it goes... Woo!"

Keegan and I stood near Ariana and Meredith, who were locked into the crowd of screaming girls reaching to touch one of the boys. The girls had gotten free VIP passes from the boys for the concert. I pursed my lips and scanned the crowd. Nothing suspicious...unless you count to Harry. He knew exactly where I was standing and wouldn't take his eyes off me. I got a few dirty looks from the girls in the crowd who followed his gaze to me. I didn't squirm. I didn't feel a tad uncomfortable. He proably just thinks I'm hot and wants to get me in bed. Typical pop star. I knew he was a flirt but, after the meeting with them today, he's not that bad. I expected worse.

"I'm going to go check backstage. Watch the girls?" I whispered in keegan's ear.

He nodded and locked his gaze on Meredith and Ariana once again. I slipped sliently backstage, but got stopped by a guard. He was beefy and nearly six foot seven. I got this.

"Pass?" he asked me in a thick accent.

I rolled my eyes, lowering my sunglasses and taking out my CIA ID. He glanced at the ID's picture then at me. He raised an eyebrow. I removed my sunglasses and pushed them into my hair, tapping my foot on the cement floor like an impatient parent with an unruly child.

"What the hell is this? A prank? You can't be-"

I cut him off by grabbing him, pinning his arms behind his back, and pressing him up against the wall. He seemed surprised as he tried to wriggle out of my grip. It was too hard for him. Never mess with a CIA agent. Ever.

"Now, shall we try this again? Let me through. I am on official CIA business." I hissed in his ear in a sickly sweet tone.

He nodded vigorously as I let go of him and stepped through the backstage door. Everywhere, stage crews bustled around trying to get everything straigtened out and perfect. I strolled casually along, finally finding what I was looking for. Dressing rooms. They boys will keep all their stuff in their dressing rooms. I read the plaques taped onto the outside of them. Niall Horan. Zayn Malik. Louis Tomlinson. Liam Payne. And, last but not least, Harry Styles. I smiled as I tried the doorknob. Locked. No problem. Pulling a bobbypin from my hair, I crouched down and picked the lock. It clicked open in less than twenty seconds. Smiling victoriously, I pushed the door open and stood up. That was almost too easy.

I closed the door behind me. Harry's dressing room was full of clothes and makeup and hairproducts as well as posters. I scanned the room, spying a green duffle bag under the vanity. Pulling it out, I unzipped it and rifled through the contents. Normal clothes, toothbrush, tooth paste, hair brush (of course), a butt-load of unopened Durex condoms (damn! how many times does he plan on getting laid?), Converse sneakers, and...hello, what do we have here? I grabbed the familiar object and smiled even wider. Bingo. At the bottom of Harry Styles bag was a typical household pistol. How many international superstars carry around a pistol? Digging for more, I found more evidence. Documents (perfect!). A second pistol.

"What are you-" a familiar British accented voice cut through my search.

In one siwft movement, I unholstered the hand gun and aimed it at Harry Styles. His green eyes went wide as the door slammed shut behind him. I kept my gaze and aim locked on Harry. He looked terrified.

"Don't lie. You know what these are. You thought you'd get away with it didn't you?"

Harry looked like a frightened puppy. His eyes were huge as he held up his hands and pleaded for me not to shoot. I took note of his trembling form and reconsidered. Hm...strange. Usually a terrorist would be...Without lowering my gun, I glanced at the file I'd found in his bag. The words were printed in Farsi. No problem. I read them. The name they were adressed to: Marvin Stein. I gasped, my jaw dropping. Stupid! Stupid! STUPID! That was your dumbest move yet! I glanced back at Harry. He was taking deep breaths, eyeing the file and two guns. I didn't lower my own as I turned back to him.

"These...these aren't yours, are they?" I asked.

He shook his head, licking his lips. No. I swore loudly, holstering my gun again. Harry lowered his hands, watching me. I just blew my own cover! Gah! Dammit!

"So, you really are a-a spy?" Harry asked in a tiny voice.

I nodded, sighing. Harry had visibly relaxed once the gun went away. I inspected the guns and folder. It was empty, (again, sloppy spy work).

"Yes, Harry, I am. You cannot tell anyone about this, do you understand me? This could possibly be a life-or-death situation for me if you tell. You were obviously framed."

He nodded, his eyes lingering on the guns again. I picked one up, tossing it around in my hand lightly. Harry bit his lower lip.

"Are you sure you should be doing that?" he asked.

I nodded, pointing the gun at the wall and squeezing the trigger. Harry instinctively covered his ears but no sound or bullets made an appearance. I furrowed my eyebrows and put it down next to the other. No wonder it felt light. Unloaded. That means the-

"Ember! Behind you!" Harry called out suddenly.

Slipping into spy mode, I whirled around but wasn't able to get a glimpse of my opponent as a splitting pain shot through my head and everything went black.

(Hey guys! I hope you're liking my book so far! I know I've enjoyed writing it! I don't put a lot of author's notes but today I felt like writing one. I have been reading this AMAZING book here on Wattpad. It's written by two amazing authors, one of whom I know personally. Their names are Danielle and Abby. Their book, Directions to Starbucks, is literally perfect! Please check it out if you get the time. They're amazing authors! Thanks! :) Oh, and if anyone wants the lyrics to "Best Song Ever", I copy-and-pasted them from a site which I'll put the link in this description. Link:http://www.lyricsfreak.com/o/one+direction/best+song+ever_21064250.html)