Chapter 16: One Day To Go

You woke up with Sasuke to the sound of a pounding alarm. You blushed slightly at the thought Sasuke was in your bed, but you brushed that thought off and got ready for school.

You arrive at your form and sit in your seat with Hinata. "Have you decided w-who you're going t-to the prom with yet?" You had told her about everyone who had asked you whether it was official or not, you trusted Hinata and she was your best girl friend and you could tell her anything. "We'll sort of but how do I tell-"

Kiba's POV

I walk into form to see Hinata and (y/n) whispering and giggling. "You guys talking about me," I say with a cheeky grin on my face making a clear joke. We all laugh and sit down as Kakashi Sensei walks in. They are still giggling? Girls.... I rolled my eyes and tried to listen but all I heard was muffled. Damn. "R-Really, that would be so cute!" Hinata said quiet loudly, well loud for Hinata. "Shhh I don't want everyone to hear!" (Y/n) said grabbing Hinata's mouth to shut her up. What are they talking about?

Your POV

It was lunch time and everyone was talking about prom tomorrow. Who they was going with and that they can't wait. "Oh my goodness! I'm SOOO excited!" Ino said shaking her fists by her face with excitement. "Am I right in thinking Sai is taking you?" Neji said with a ever so slight tease but still in question. Sai just smiled and closed his eyes while Ino blushed and cursed at Neji. "What about you! Your taking Ten Ten!" She screamed at him he just rolled his eyes at her while Ten Ten blushed. "Hey Shikamaru you better be coming!" Naruto said with anger, knowing Shikamaru he'd just fall asleep and miss it. "Well.. I don't know.. It sounds like a drag." He said with a yawn and laid down looking at the clouds. "Uh Sakura who are you coming with?" Choji said with a mouthful of crisps. Not a word came from her but her eyes said it all. She was looking at Sasuke with big hopeful eyes. Sasuke just looked emotionless and was looking in the opposite direction. "I will take you, from the bottom of my youthful heart these are the times we must enjoy!" Lee said punching his fist in the air and Sakura just got angry and punched him. "(Y/n)? Who are you going with?" Shino asked you just blushed and looked down at your hands and started to play with them. "Umm....I'm not sure... If I.." You were cut off by Naruto,"oh she's coming, if I have to drag her myself! That includes you Shikamaru!" Shikamaru just sighed and carried on looking at the clouds. The bell rang and you all got up to go to class, saved by the bell, you laughed at yourself and went to class.

All you could think about was how to go to the prom with him. How can I let him know I want to go with him? Can I just bring it up randomly? Should I just ask? Should I just not go? -as these thoughts were running wild in your mind you decided to text them. You went into your bag and started to text under the table secretly. You sent a picture of a note that said 'do you want to go to prom with me: tick one' then had boxes underneath 'yes' and 'no'. You thought it would be funny and you hesitated but pressed sent. That's it, there's no going back. I've sent it to him. All through class you wasn't paying attention, you just kept checking your phone for a reply. Suddenly the phone vibrated in your hand. Before you looked you took a deep breath and read the message. 'If I have to lol yes'. Yes! He could've just said yes though haha. You had a date to prom and it was him. Class was over and it was form. You run over to Hinata and pull her out of a conversation with Naruto. "Sorry!" You say over your shoulder as you pull her away, "oh my god! I text him if he wanted to come with me and he said yes!" She smiles and she pulls you into a hug. "Yay!" "Sit down please," Kakashi Sensei said. You sat down and went home to Hinata's as you were sleeping round hers. As you got home you ordered pizza and stayed up talking all night. You were just so excited about tomorrow the prom. "Tomorrow is gonna be so fun," you say with excitement.