Chapter 18: Prom

As you walk up to the door with butterflies swirly around your stomach almost like they want to burst out. You bring you hand to the cold metal door knob. Twist it with ease and then, click, the door was open. You breath in the cold air that had run into the house through the small crack. The only thing that was stopping you seeing your date was the door. As you opened it slowly you saw him. Standing there wearing a black suit and tie, with a beautiful red rose. He looks at your feet and slowly brings his gaze up to your eyes, studying every inch of your body. "..wow.. You look..." He forced out from how speechless he was. You blushed and looked down. "Oh.. This is for you" he handed out the rose and as you took it ever so gently you closed your eyes and took in that sweet sent the rose gave off. You looked up into his eyes and he offered his arm. "Let's go then..." You quickly went in to put the rose into some water, meanwhile your date stood there and said "Women... So troublesome," you laughed at him as you came back and took his arm and then you two walked off linking arms.

You walk into the prom with him still linking arms and you looked around and saw everyone. Hinata and Naruto were dancing and so was Ino and Sai. Sasuke was with Sakura, but he didn't look the happiest, Ten Ten looked a little tipsy and Neji was with her and apologising to those that she spoke loudly to. Shino was by the bar with Kiba. "Hey do you want a drink?" He looked down at you with his brown eyes and spiky ponytail pocking out of the top. "Oh yes please," he nodded and headed towards where Kiba and Shino were. You looked around and saw that Asuma Sensei was with Kurenai Sensei! Aww they look so cute together! Then you looked around for Kakashi, but he was just sitting at a table reading a book. Shikamaru came over with your drinks and handed one to you, you sat at a table and began to talk.

"So, why did you ask me to come with you?" He asked while drinking.

"Well why not?"

"Because Kiba asked you and your closer to him,"

"Yeah but I see him as a friend, nothing more,"

"So how do you see me?"

"Well...I knew you wanted to go with me,"

He looked at you confused. "How?"

"Well when I was ill, you thought I was asleep. I wasn't. I was gonna prank Sasuke when he came in to make him jump but then I found out it was you, so I was gonna do it anyway but then you started to be serious so I thought if I stayed quiet I would hear what you wanted to sa-"

You were interrupted from you speech to Shikamaru with him laughing.

"Why are you laughing?"

"I knew you weren't asleep, I'm not stupid. An idiot could've have seen that,"

You looked at him astonished. "B-But-" you were interrupted again by a sudden music change. The music had changed to a slow song for 'couples to dance' to. It became awkward because we saw everyone run up there with their partners. Shikamaru just sat there and began to.. Snore! You didn't wake him just sat there and moaned. Now what? Then Naruto and Hinata came up to you and spoke. "Hey why aren't you dancin-" he spotted Shikamaru and stormed over towards him. "How DARE YOU!!" He shouted into his ears while shaking his shoulders. He woke up in a shock and he saw Naruto pointing to you. "You brought her here so dance with her!" And with that he took Hinata by the hand and began to slow dance with her once again. "I'm sorry (y/n)... Do you want to dance?" You nodded your head and you put out a hand for you to take. You took his hand and he lead you to the dance floor. You reached the floor and he put his hands on your waist while you put your hands around his neck and rest your head on his shoulder. You blush into his shoulder and smile. He must have noticed because then he spoke up "(y/n)... I am sorry.." You brought your heavy head off his shoulder to look up into his eyes,"let me make it up to you" then he began to lean towards you, you closed your eyes and suddenly your lips met his. You kissed back onto his lips as the kiss became intense. Everything around seemed to disappear. The sounds around you muffled and the people began to fade away an the light in the room became dim. It felt like it was only you and him in the whole world. As he pulled back from the kiss to get air the world began to creep back in. The sound of the music came back first, then the people dancing around us then the light. He just smiled down at you and you began to lean your head back onto his shoulder. You hugged him tighter and he hugged you to. The smell of his jacket was going to be a smell you will never forget.

"I love you Shikamaru."

"I love you to (y/n)"

A/N: this is is the end I hope you enjoyed! Comment suggestions for new book ideas.