New school, same shit

Hannah's pov:
*beep beep beep*
I dread the sound of my alarm. It means either two things; One, I have to get up to go running because my mum doesn't think I'm fit enough. Or two, I have to get up for school. Sadly today was an alarm for school.
"HANNAH GET UP NOW!" My mums voice echoes through the house.

I groan and pull my tired self out of bed. I glance over to my dresser and look into the mirror hanging above it. My sandy blond hair in a mess, I head to the shower. After about 5 minutes in the shower I walk back into my room, feeling the carpet under my feet. I grab my grey shirt and some black skinny jeans. Slipping on my vans and trying to swing my bag into my back, like I'm in some kind of movie, but fail miserably. As I head downstairs I plug on earphone into my right ear and I'm greeted by my mother waiting at the door. "Hurry your ass up or you'll be late"
"Sorry.."
I walk out of my house, not bothering with breakfast.

As I head to the bus stop I check the time on my phone, it reads 6:45am. I arrive at the bus stop and sit on a bench. Feeling the cold air on my cheeks I patiently wait for the bus. About 5 minutes pass and a yellow bus parks right in front of me. The doors to it open and the bus driver just looks at me. "Well you've got new kid written all over you. Hop on"
I make my way into the bus and a few people eye me off. Out of the corner of my eye I see someone move their bag from next to them and pat the seat, signalling for me to sit down. I nervously sit down and they pull out their hand.
"Hey I'm Ingrid"
"Hannah.." I say shaking her hand.
"You new here?"
"How'd you know?"
"Well I just haven't seen you around before. I would've recognised you."
Is she flirting with me? No. She can't be.
"Yea I moved here not long ago"
"Well I'm gonna be completely honest and say welcome to hell"
"Yea I assumed. New school, same shit" I say with a slight grin on my face.
"Hehe. So watcha listening to?"
"Um electric love by børns"
"Awe cool. I'll have to look it up later."
And with that, the bus's had already pulled up at the school. Ingrid and I shuffle out of the bus with the other students and she's called over by one of her friends.
"I'll see you around Hannah" Ingrid says, being dragged away by one of her friends. I look over my shoulder as I'm heading the opposite direction from her and see that she had also look back. We both smile and head our separate ways, going to tackle the hell hole people call 'school'.

Hope you guys liked it. It's a short  chapter but the next will be longer!
Social media:
Snapchat: mainlymaddie
Instagram: maddiemorgan._

- M 💙