☆ Hazel's Diary Entry #6 ☆

Dedication: TheaCallow, you're an incredibly amazing and beautiful person! Gosh, thank you so much for the reads, votes, comments, support on 'Thea' & TDOH, it means so much to me, but most of all: Thank you for becoming my friend, I'm so glad we started messaging! And to think it all started because I though our name was Thea - when really, that's your middle name. Thank you for everything, you deserve the world, love you hun xo

|| Ivy Bradley at the top, played by Chloë Grace Moretz (Mhm, yay, we have the same name xD) ||

Date: 25/01/16, Sunday night (Monday morning)

Time: 1:04am

Dear Mister Diary,

I know it's really late at night (technically morning) but, it's been a busy day, and I feel emotionally exhausted, but sadly, not physically exhausted enough to be able to sleep.

I need to get today off my chest, and isn't that what you're for? I promised that I would write, so here I am, pen in hand as I lay on my burgundy comforter atop my double bed, writing.

What happened? That's what you're probably wondering right now.

Long story short - Dad came home at about 5pm completely drunk, beer bottle slipping from his hand, and my whole family was here. Ivy, Mum, Uncle Will, and myself. Get this; Mum tried helping my dad to the kitchen to drink some water, but he completely snapped at her, calling her a 'useless good-for-nothing wife', and you want to know what her reaction was? To let him treat her like that.

She ignored what he said with tears dripping down her face at the sight of the man she has loved for twenty years, the father to her children, her husband.

I understand that it's not the right day to get into an argument with him (Because of the anniversary), but she let's him do this everyday. It's not like she just let's him talk that way to her, oh no, she let's him talk that way to her daughters too.

To me.

And I can't help the pot of bitterness that pours into my bloodstream. She's my mum, I love her with all of my heart, I love my dad with all of my heart, but I just don't feel as though they feels the same. Not anymore at least.

My sister's attitude towards me, I can understand, because she's a teenager and I know she loves me. She always apologises after she's said something mean, or done something wrong.

Sure, mum apologises sometimes, but most of the time she's too scared to admit when she's in the wrong. In a way, I understand.

But I'm not like her, like that. I always stick up for myself and others. Which was why, earlier, when my dad insulted my mum like that, I spoke up without a second thought, and even now, I don't regret it one bit.

"Dad! You can't treat her like that! She's trying to help you, we all are." I had yelled, fingers curling into fists at the anger threatening to strangle me.

When dad stumbled towards me, everyone else took a step back - except my uncle, who came to my side, body stiff.

My dad glanced at me, before doing the same to Uncle Will. And as we both watched his dark brown eyes fill with an inhuman amount of fury, we knew things were about to get ugly.