☆ Hazel's Diary Entry #9 ☆

Dedication: @bree3991, thank you for everything you've done, you've supported many of my books and I really appreciate it! You're so sweet and you've made my day! xx

|| Arvid Bradley (Hazel & Ivy's dad) at the top, played by Colin Farrell! How is he 39 years old, but doesn't look like he is?||

The bell that signals the end of lunch, rings loudly, reverberating through the halls of Chaymore High School.

There's yet to be any sign of Hazel. No sign of anyone at all actually.

But, I can't worry about this right now, when there's a chance I'll be late to class for a second time today.

I rush - it seems like that's what I've been doing all day - over to the closet, quickly putting the diary back in my bag, and as I'm about to leave, I hear a familiar voice, stopping me in my tracks.

"Come on, we're going to be late!"

Liam?

What's he doing on this side of school?

But I'm not supposed to be here either, so I can't judge.

I hear someone mumble a reply, but it's too quiet for me to differentiate who the female voice belongs to.

Curious, I open the door just a crack. But to my displeasure, I'm too late to see who Liam is with, because he's turning the corner with whoever the girl was, already gone from view.

Damn.

Who's Liam with? He told me earlier that he had a soccer meeting. Not that he was sneaking off with some girl.

I haven't seen him with anyone these last few months, so I have no idea who he could've possibly been spending time with.

And I also don't have any time to think about it, because guess what?

I'm well and truly late for class.

* * *

Finding a spare seat in Detention is harder that I originally thought it would be.

Who knew that so many people got served Detention at this school? Obviously, not me.

Yeah, I've had detention a few times before, but it's usually Monday detention (I always sleep in on Mondays, still recovering from having no school, so I end up late) and it's never been this busy.

Maybe it depends on the day, because it is the middle of the week; Wednesday.

Hey, Wednesdays are when Hazel has her movie nights, I think to myself as an empty seat in the back catches my eye.

Bingo.

Slumping onto the brittle, wooden chair, I get comfortable and take out the diary, trying to hide it from anyone's wandering eyes.

That would be embarrassing.

I find the page where I left off, and start reading the thoughts written carefully onto the black lines.

Date: 27/01/16, Wednesday

Time: 12:32pm

Dear Mister Diary,

Let's just get straight to the part of this entry that's interesting.