Through Thick & Thin: Part 1

Though Think & Thin: Part 1

Prompt: You're an aspiring musician with great music but no discovery. Lauren's your girlfriend of 3 years that has always stood by your side; through the thick and thin.

“I'm sorry baby, Dreya had a fever earlier so I gave her the last bowl of noodles." Y/N sighed and nodded, leaning down to peck her girlfriend Lauren's lips as she held their sleeping daughter on the air mattress they called a bed. It killed Y/N every night she came home to see her 3 month pregnant girlfriend and her 5 year old daughter cuddled together in the middle of a mattress with little to nothing to eat in the most disgusting and almost immoral ’ghetto' around. Y/N worked all sort of crazy hours at a construction sight just to try to make ends meet, and they were barely met at times. Every now and then, such as tonight, she met with the local head drug dealer on 5th avenue and either sold what was left, or made a deal across town. She hated it, and the worst part; Lauren knew. She never said anything about it though.

“It's okay baby. Here, I know you haven't eaten much and you're supposed to be eating for two." She said as she pulled out a slightly cold hamburger and fries, a few chicken nuggets following as well.

“Did you sell?" Lauren asked. Y/N knew all too well what that meant, and shamefully nodded her head. She sighed as Lauren's plump, slightly cold lips pressed to hers and cupped her pregnant girlfriend's cheeks.

“Don't worry about Dreya. I bought her some too." Her head snapped towards the beaten down coffee tale with the same deal from Wendy's on it. She'd only been able to afford a cheeseburger, but for that she was thankful. Her job called for long, stressful hours, and few would sometimes go without eating; which wasn't recommended.

“What are you gonna eat babe?" Lauren asked, her mouth slightly stuffed with french fries. Though this was all an awful situation, Y/N could still find humor in Lauren's adorableness. She let out a soft giggle and kissed Lauren's cheek, shrugging her shoulders as she kicked off her work boots.

“You." She smirked, pecking her girlfriend's neck lovingly. Lauren giggled and pushed her girlfriend back, only so they wouldn't wake their sleeping child.

“Sorry sorry. I already got you pregnant. With a child I can't even afford to take care of." She sighed, her back resting against the uncomfortable air mattress. She felt her girlfriend kiss away the small tear that ran down her cheek, and a pair of slender arms wrapping around her waist.

“Stop beating yourself up over this Y/N. This can only get better from here okay? I believe in you. I love you, even if I'm your only fan." Y/N couldn't hold back the tears as they fell. She always felt like she was a burden to her pregnant girlfriend, and though she still felt like one, Lauren's words always made her feel like she was worth the love.

“I love you so much Lauren Jauregui." She cooed, tucking a loose strand of hair behind her blushing girlfriend's ear. She placed a loving, passionate kiss on her girlfriend's lips, the kiss almost deepening until a sleepy green eyed girl awoke next to her mother.

“M-momma? Mommy!" The little girl exclaimed as her eyes focused on Y/N, who had waiting arms held out wide to embrace her little girl.

“Hi baby. How was school?" Dreya gave her mom sad eyes, and that was enough for Y/N to know it wasn't good. Kids were cruel nowadays. They rubbed their iPhones in her face, criticized her for wearing the same clothes more than once, and even taunted her over her shyness.

“It'll be okay baby girl. Those kids don't know that they're being cruel because their parents haven't taught them any better. You'll have all that they have and more okay? Just hang in there for your mama's okay?" The little girl nodded and just as quickly fell asleep on her mother's shoulder. Lauren followed suit on her girlfriends free shoulder, nuzzling her head in-between the crook of her girlfriend's neck.

Something's gotta give. I need better for my girls and unborn child.

1 Week Later

“Laur! Laur! Babe come here!" Lauren carefully walked down the steps with her growing baby bump and freshly bathed daughter, curious as to why her girlfriend was home so early.

“Hi baby," Lauren greeted her jittery girlfriend, reciprocating the intense kiss her lover gave her. “Not that I don't wanna see you here, but why exactly are you here?" Y/N twirled their daughter around in her arms, the little creation they made masking her mother's happiness.

“I got signed to Def Jam Records! And, we're moving to California! L.A Reid offered me a small- yet spacious condo when I signed the contract. I can finally take care of you girls and our little surprise now!" Lauren's eyes widened in surprise and astonishment, her arms flinging around her girlfriend's arms.

“I'm so proud of you baby." Lauren whispered into her ear, kissing the side of her neck before pulling away. Y/N gave her girlfriend a loving smile and quickly kissed her lips before helping to pack the small, necessary items they would need.

“Thank you Lauren." Y/N thanked, helping her girlfriend into the car that was sent for them.

“You're welcome, but what am I being thanked for?" Y/N giggled and kissed Lauren and Dreya, looking back at the small apartment they lived in.

“For sticking by me, for staying by my side through thick and thin."