Let's Keep That a Secret

An update! I'm late, I know, and I am so sorry. However, I did say I wouldn't be updating in a whole year, and since my year isn't over yet, I'm technically early. I am currently busy with the next chapter, and when I'm done with that, it'll be back to the pre-written stuff. I am probably going to go through this again, and edit. So stuff to look forward too! I'm sorry this is so short.

Assembly was boring as hell. Well, what would you expect? Phillips went on and on and on about some BS that is of no importance to me.

Of course, there are very few things that I find important now. Tyson is one of them. The Slayers too, and the kids at the Home. William and Clemont too... and possibly Nick.

No. Not Nick.

Anyway, getting back to the topic at hand, I was on my way to homeroom with Professor What's-His-Name when someone grabbed my arm and pulled me into an abandoned hallway.

"Chad." I pull my arm from his grasp, my face betraying not a single thought.

"Look, miss Sinclaire..." He awkwardly shuffles his feet. "I just wanted to apologise."

I give him a tired grin, slowly shaking my head. "It's fine, Chad. I kinda understand what your problem was. Just don't let it happen again. Now get going. We're going to be late for class."

Chad pales, and shoots away to his classroom. I sigh and lean back against a locker, pressing my forehead against the cool metal.

"Are you okay?" An unfamiliar voice asks me, and I open my eyes to see one of the hall monitors, her face creased in concern.

"I'm fine, thanks, ma'am, I just feel a little dizzy." My voice sounds strangely detached to me as I blink the spots away from my eyes. A headache pounds into my skull as I try to force a smile.

"You are very pale. I think you need to go to the nurses office. Come." She makes to put an arm around my shoulder, but I quickly step away, almost losing my balance and falling in the process.

"I have to go to my first class, ma'am." I use the lockers to lead me away from the woman, and stumble in my homeroom class's direction.

Instead I stumble into my biology teacher, who gives me one glance before leading me directly to the office, not giving me any chance to argue. Not that I believe I would be able to do so in my condition.

Luckily, or perhaps unluckily, we meet Ty halfway. He doesn't even hesitate before picking me up and carrying me out to the car. I don't think we were out of the halls yet when the world turned dark, leaving me to dream of many vague and unkind things.

*****

The smell reaches me long before I hear anything. That sharp smell of F10 disinfectant that seeps into everything.

I know I've been admitted the moment I feel the uncomfortable bed beneath me, and I already feel a scowl on my face.

"I'm supposed to be wearing that expression, not you, GPS." Tyson sounds quite amused, and I glare at him through barely open eyes. "You've been sleeping even less than you usually do." His face betrays worry. "Your body can't cope with the lack of respite anymore."

I roll my eyes, and look away, focussing on the window. There was a storm coming in.

Ty sighed. "I need to go find a place to stay for the night and tell Lucy that you are fine." He gets up, looking back only when he reaches the door. "You are going to have to talk about it sometime, Lisanna. You can't just close your eyes and hide from it."