Month 2- Busted...

Yes, I am counting down the time.

I took my bandages off today to reveal an almost completely healed wound.

I removed the stitches almost two weeks ago.

It is half past nine, and I am currently jogging towards the gym in the pitch dark, enjoying the cool air on my skin.

"Hey, Angie!" I greet Angela as I walk in, and her face lights up.

"Derek!" She yells, taking in my form.

I'm currently wearing a sports bra and short jogging pants. My hair is once again in a high ponytail, and my mismatched eyes are completely visible, shining in their full glory. My leg is in its brace made out of flexible material, as it always is, these days, and I'm wearing running shoes, for a change.

She hands me my locker key, and sighs, annoyed. "That boys deaf, I swear." She says, and I laugh.

When I walk into the locker rooms, I notice the many bags, but I ignore it.

Dereks gym is full tonight, but my training ground should be empty.

I grab my gloves and a water bottle, and walk into the room, ignoring the people, and go straight up to the fighting ring. Seeing that Derek isn't there, I walk to one of the four corners, and unhook a chain, causing a punching bag to swing right at me.

The gym quiets down as I duck and roll out of the way of the bag, and in the same motion slip on my boxing gloves.

I start hitting the already swinging bag, causing it to fly around wildly. I dance around it, reveling in the fact that I can fight again. I land a couple of kicks, avoiding using my left leg.

I sigh when the bag suddenly hoists into the air, and turn around to glare at the idiot holding the chain.

It is not Derek, which makes me frown, highly annoyed. Instead, it is another young black man who is currently glaring at me as if I pissed in his beer.

Which I would probably do, seeing as he interrupted my training session.

"Yo, white chick!" A female voice calls, and I turn around to find another girl in my ring.

I freeze, recognizing the chick. It is one of the freestylers at the school, kids who got in on a scholarship that I created. I scan the crowd, realizing that these are all students from school.

Luckily, it looks like they hadn't figured out who I was yet.

On my third day of school, I had my first dance period. Seeing as my leg was busted, I was just walking around, looking at the kids, when I came upon the freestylers, a group of black kids who were dancing for the heck of it.

I was looking at them, missing the kids at home, when one of them dared me to dance. I had laughed, and told them that I couldn't, seeing as my leg was screwed over, but if they waited one month, I'd dance for them.

They had scoffed, but the girl who is in front of me right now, had told me that she holds me to my word.

I'm brought back to reality when the girl in front of me places a hand on my shoulder.

Out of instinct, I flip her over, slamming her onto her back.

"Sorry, doll face, but Derek has a rule about the ring. You need to wear gloves, which means you need to get out." I tell her, my eyes narrowing.

"Shut up, you fake bitch! Why the fuck are you wearing a gangs bullet on your body?!" The girl on the floor yells at me, and I pale, realizing what I'm wearing.