Chapter 10

"Are we... like... I mean... was that okay? Or was I getting cocky? 'Cos I don't even know where that came from." he rambled.

"..." I had to think this over before I said anything. "It-it was different," I started.

I couldn't read him. He played it cool. He was calm, collected. And it wasn't fair! I knew I was super obvious. I knew he could tell. And I could hardly read him.

"But..." I saw his ears perk up when I said this. "It was a good kind of different."

"Yeah... okay. So... I don't think I was fully... aware of the situation. I don't know what came over me. So... it didn't mean anything. And we'll never speak of it again."

That's not at all what I wanted to hear. Not even close.

Dean. Please. Don't make me do something stupid.

"I-I should go to my locker now..." I stuttered. I just wanted to leave. He excused me as I stuffed everything back into my bookbag and stumbled away. He walked back to his 'friends' and they were cackling and watching me as I left to the two-hundreds hall. I needed a quiet place to think this over.

'You are going crazy over a GUY you just met. Look at you. You're all queer for the first person you look up from your book at. He's clearly straight. Just face it, Castiel. He's never going to like you. Don't you see it? Look at you. You're pathetic. Give it up.'

I was banging my head on a locker. I'm going to have to do something about this.

"What the hell do I say?! 'Hello, Dean. I think I'm gay and I like you. Please don't beat me up.'?!" I rehearsed. This was pathetic.

Nonetheless, I stumbled outside to go talk to him. He was sitting alone and he was flustered. His 'friends' were walking away. I sat down next to him and he looked over at me with his hand on the back of his head.

"Sorry.." he started "I broke it off with my 'friends'. They weren't too keen on the whole... idea... of, well, you. So... I justified it trying to set 'em straight and they just got up and left."

"Geez. Im sorry! I... I didn't know... my intent was not conflict... I'm so sorry." I genuinely did not feel happy with myself for that.

He didn't have any food. I still had half of my sandwhich.

"Do you... want this?" I offered my sandwich to him.

"No, thanks, sorry," He declined "I don't really like peanut butter."

"Dean...?"

"Hmm?" He smelled minty from his gum when he exhaled. I felt it warm against my neck and my stomach fluttered. I stared a little bit more at him and made my decision.

"I... I think I... like, like you- Please don't hurt me." I tensed up, shut my eyes tight and went into a defensive position as I backed off of him to wait for his reaction.

He hadn't hit me yet. I figured it was safe to open my eyes. And I opened them to a facefull of Dean. He had taken me into a firm embrace which startled me.

"Why the hell would I hurt you?"

It became evident he reciprocated the affection. He gently rubbed my back and was soft to the touch.

"But you said... last night didn't mean anything..."

"And I didn't mean that. I... was just scared you had rejected it... cos you got all awkward and quiet and you looked as red as a tomato." Well... He made a point.

And I went red again as he started getting up.

"Come on. With me. We're going."