Chapter 11

"You mean... cut class?" I stumbled with the words together.

"Com'on, Cas. Just this once." He said nonchalantly as we were walking.

"What if someone finds out? Where are we going? What if we get suspended? Someone's gonna see us, Dean." I pestered at him and by the time I finished my questions, we were already off campus to his car. Unseen.

"Okay. Fine. But lets not make a habit out of this." I said skeptically.

"Alright, alright. Gheez, Cas. Live a little."

They sky was grey but nice. Perfect temperature. The light clouds danced above us and he pulled up to a little field and stopped his car and got out. I came out after him and sat next to him on his car.

"What is this place?" I observed the field dusted with small trees, dirt path to the lake and the one, big, central tree.

"I don't really know. My dad used to take me here when I was little. I haven't been here in years. But... this could be out little place. If ya' like."

This made me smile. He was sweet.

"Alright. Our little place." I repeated.

There was a silent pause to let it sink in.

"So what does this... make us? A couple?"

"I should say so." He said it like it was obvious and stupid of me to ask.

I nodded.

"But lets keep it a secret, Cas. Just between us. Thats all that counts, anyway. Com'on. We're going swimming." he slid off the hood and started off to the lake.

"O-okay." I hobbled along the path after him and adjusted my glasses, looking down at my clothes. I was pulling at my sleeves hesitantly and staring as he took his shirt off. He was so compelling. His chest was so firm and muscular and it complimented the rest of him, his face and eyes and just so.. now he's smirking. Gheez that's seductive. I could tell my eyes were dilated.

"You coming?" He said, slipping off his shoes.

"Y-yeah." I pulled my shirt off along with my shoes. We kept our trousers on, seeing as it was more... modest?

I walked up to the bank where the reeds had a clearing. The ducks and mudhens scattered as we approched them and I wriggled my toes in the dirt as the cool, refreshing water slowly rippled onto the shore over them. I felt his big paws push on my back to force me into the water with a KERPLUNK and a SPLASH. I came up for air, shaking my head with the water sprinkling out of my hair. I was laughing and genuinely enjoying myself. I grabbed onto his wrists and pulled him in on top of me. He was laughing, too.

He hugged me around the waist with his hands and propped me up with his knee so I was taller. My forehead was on his and our lips were millimeters apart. I could almost taste his breath. So I kissed him. It was gentle. And nice. My hand was cradling the back of his neck where it met his head, my fingers ran against his hair. My eyes were closed but I still saw everything about him. It seemed as if he was all I could see.  

Eventually, I broke away. We stared eachother in the eye. No words were necessary. We both knew what it meant.

The birds were calling eachother from across our own little pond. It was so serene. So tranquil. The trees swayed as did the reeds as the wind slowly picked up.

"I guess we should get to know one another better, huh?" I asked.

He had a laugh caught in the back of his throat and agreed.

"So... what's your favourite course?"

"I'd say science." he laughed like it was embarrassing but I completely agreed on his love for the subject.

"How old are you?" he quizzed. "Cos I'm eighteen."

"Nineteen this March."

"Okay," I continued. "Next question. 'What's something you have never done but would really like to do before you die?'"

"Huh.." He pondered. "I've never really thought about that... But you're definitely on the list." He smirked.

My stomach dropped and I went pink across the face again.

"Uh... w-what kind of car is that?"

He looked back at his car.

"A '67 Chevy Impala. Ain't she a beauty?"

"Most definitely." I agreed. For it was true. That car was very attractive and well kept.

I thought about anything else to say.

"So... I've never been to one of your football games.. But I'm sure its fun. You're the... uh... nickle, no... quarterback."

He laughed. "Nickleback is a crappy band. But yeah. I'm quarterback."

"Whoops... sorry... But I'll learn. I'm going to your games from now on, okay?"

"Okay." he smiled as if I was a kitten or something.

A small drop of water hit me on the nose. It had started to rain. The waltz of the clouds above us had sped up and it started to rain and we headed out to grab our clothes before they soaked through and hurried back to the car. We sat in the backseat and got out of the rain, I put my glssses back on and was smiling because it was fun and exciting.

He leaned in towards me and I met him there. I shut my eyes tight and wasn't quite sure where to put my hands, but his were around my middle and held me up against him, which was arousing. So I attempted to reciprocate it and placed mine on his waist. He kissed me deeper and started leaning further forward til he was looming over me as I was lying down. My hair was wet and messy. My respiratory functions accelerated. But then he broke it, placed his forehead on mine and got up and went up to the drivers seat. It was already dark out.

He left me in the back like this. Argh. That's not fair. Now I have these thoughts running through my mind that shouldn't be. And I'm just back here. Stiff. Quiet. Awkward. He was playing with my mind. Not funny. Its not like I knew what to do or anything... but...