Chapter 15

I woke up late today. I slept through my alarm for a first time. I slept through Gabriel coming in to unplug it because it was annoying.

So I rolled over and grabbed my pocket watch from a drawer. It read 11:32.

I have never slept in this late.

I checked my phone next. Two missed calls from Dean since... 8:15. Great.

A text came in and said 'I'm out front.' and I scrambled around my room, throwing clothes on and lacing my converse. I fixed my tie and adjusted my glasses. I patted my hair down, but it always stays so fluffy, why bother? I told Gracie to wish me luck and pat her head, placing a handful of sunflower seeds in her dish. I hurried out of my room and snagged a piece of toast from Anna. I felt my chest through my shirt to feel the necklace as I got to the porch and approched Dean reclined in the seat of his car.

"Morning, Cassie." his lips were slightly parted and curled up in one corner. He was wearing these sunglasses that looked like aviator glasses with shiney metallic frames that sat ever-so-perfectly on his freckle-splattered nose.

"Good morning, Dean." I smiled.

"Com'on. Get in," he seemed inpatient.

I climbed in his car and we drove off.

He glanced over at me, smiled and gazed back at the road.

We soon pulled up to school. He had me wait in the car and left to talk to a large, curly-headed kid who handed him something and started back to the car. He called back "Hey, thanks, Kenny. Appreciate it, man." Raising the item (what was now evidently a keycard) and telling me to get out.

He brought me around to the trunk of his car and popped it open. It was scattered with papers, clothes and such equipments/uniforms. I saw a jar with a few coins and three dollars in it. Just as he promised, "Dean and Cas' travel fund". But that's not what he was showing me. He grabbed two coats from the back. A blackish-brown one that he slipped into and a long, tan trenchcoat that he handed to me.

"You'll need it. It's gonna be cold." He spoke quickly. Nervous? Excited. I, too, was excited.

He walked off and I was directly behind him, fiddling with the ends of the sleeves on my new coat. He stopped suddenly at a door and I ran into the back of him.

"Sorry-" I tried to apologize, which, of course he shooed away.

"Here's your surprise." he opened the door jammed with the keycard and pushed me inside. I looked around. It was somewhat cold but it was massive. And it was the ice rink the Hockey team uses. He handed me a pair of ice skates and laced his own up. I did, as well and he walked out to the ice, pulling me along by my wrists.

It was slippery and cold. Music was playing quietly in the back. I nearly fell, but he caught me.

"I won't let you fall, okay? Just trust me."

"I do." I replied, pulled his face to me by the collar and kissed him slowly and passionately.

He broke it soon later and pulled me to the center of the ice. My feet did not want to stay together, but he kept me upright, holding the small of my back and hand in the other. That was better than gloves and kept me warm as well.

"Let's dance." He said as if that was normal.

"Dance? But I can't. I've never-"

"Everyone needs to dance at least once. I'll teach you."

I nodded and he placed my hand on his big, strong shoulder. He put his on my waist and pulled my closer. He instructed me on moving my feet slightly as he did. He swayed back and forth, eyes closed and slowly rotating us. I also closed my eyes and leaned in, my head resting against his chest. We danced for a little while and then he started skating around, showing off.

"Come on, Cas!" he called out for me.

I unsteadily skated out to him and he took my hand and skated around with me. He was laughimg quietly and smiling, as, apparently, I was.

"I love you." He said out of nowhere.

I turned pink again. "I love you, too."

"Will you love me til the last of my days?" He asked in verification.

"No," I retorted. His shoulders dropped. "I will love you to the last of mine."

"I LOVE YOU, CASTIEL NOVAK. AND I DON'T CARE WHO KNOWS ANY MORE!" he shouted at a brain rattling decible.

I was smiling like a little kid and when he spun me around, my trenchcoat flopped everywhere.

Eventually we went back out to yhe car. He put the skates in, along with his jacket. I kept the coat on and he chuckled.

He brought out food and we sat on the hood and ate the lunch he had prepared for the two of us.