Chapter 13

I opened my heavy eyes to a room that was not my own, flooded with sparkling, golden sunshine. I was still in Dean's embrace, nuzzled into his chest cavity. He was so warm and comforting. I inhaled deeply and took in the scent he radiated. It was nice. He smelled like ground after it rained, which suited him. It was sweet and calming and just so... natural. It I could just stay there with him forever. I wish I could always wake up to this.

He started to stir in his slumber but he was still pressed against my back which caused me to tense up and wake him.

"Mmmmhhrp," he mumbled "... Morning, Cas."

"Good morning, Dean." I retaliated.

He grabbed my hand and entangled our fingers together as I laid the side my head on his well built chest with the wrinkled t-shirt and listened to his breathing.

"Mmmh... happy first day of vacation. We have a whole two weeks to ourselves."

"And it'll be perfect."

"Yes. It will. ... hey Cas?"

"Hmm?"

"You never told me what you'd want to do that you haven't... But I'm curious now."

"Oh. Right. I read all about the world. Mapped it. Researched it. Wrote about it... but I've never left the state. I want to see the world some day. Preferably somewhere cold. I've never been to see snow before and I always have wanted to."

He smiles.

"We can do that. I love the snow. We can save up."

He promised me, thus, I thanked him and hugged him tightly.

We laid there the whole morning. He held me close and called me petnames. His radio was subtly playing music I could not distinguish. Eventually he rolled out of bed and called me to follow him, which I did. I followed him at heel like a dog downstairs and we greeted Sammy sitting at the table with cold cereal.

"Mornin', Sammy."

"Good morning, Dean. Cas. I didn't know you slept over."

"I said hello last ni-" He cut me off.

"Are you two boyfriends yet?" He asked, voice all squeaky.

"Yup." Dean said before I could start to think what to say.

Sam nodded and continued eating. Eventually, with his full mouth, he greeted me properly. "Welcome to the family, Cas."

I couldn't help but grin. Colour was brought out in my cheeks and Dean poured me cereal along side him and we finished quickly and hurried back upstairs and to his room.

"I have something for you."

"On what occasion..?" I asked.

"Does there have to be an occasion?" Did he just do sweet things randomly? I felt all fuzzy inside.

"Here." he had something small cupped in his hands. He revealed to me a necklace that looked just like his. "My mom gave these to me before she..."

My heart sank. And I apologized and felt like crying.

"It's okay.. She's in heaven now. I know she is."

We hugged for a little bit and he continued.

"She gave them to me before she died. She told me to give one to someone when I found them. She said they'd be important. I figure now that she meant you." He clipped it around my neck and said I'd always be with him.

Now I really felt like I was going to cry. But I didn't. We hugged again, instead.