Chapter Three

This one is dedicated to Omgttylttyn ;)  she's a very talented author and I highly reccomend that you check her sroty Man Down out ;)

____________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Three

Thursday, November 9th 20**, 2:35 AM

            “There are days every now and again I pretend I’m okay, but that’s not what gets me.”

            Rascal Flatts - What Hurts the Most

            “We’re sorry Mr. Galileo Madison,” the doctor said form the blinding white room, his white coat making him seem to glow like a light bulb, making Galileo avert his gaze.  He was doing a good job resisting the urge to shield his eyes.

            “What?” he spoke up, his breath coming out in a way that made him sound winded, that made him sound weak.

            The glowing man moved his arms, placing a hand on Galileo’s shoulder.

            Galileo was sitting out in the hall, outside the operating room, in the dark.  His dark hair was standing up at odd angles, dark circles under his dark eyes.  He squinted in the light, needing a while to understand the words.

            “Mr. Madison,” the doctor repeated.  “Son, I’m sorry.”

            “Sorry...?  For what?  What happened?” Galileo asked, his voice quavering.

            “Mr. Madison, your mother didn’t survive the operation....  She’s in a better place now.”

            Galileo’s heart skipped a beat, all remaining blood draining from his already pale face.

            No, no, no, no, this isn’t happening! Galileo’s heart began pounding.

            “S-sir, that’s not a very funny joke,” Galileo spoke up, sounding more like he was pleading.

            “It’s not a joke son,” the man said sternly.  “I mean it, your mother....”

            “Don’t give me that!” Galileo raised his voice, standing up and shoving the doctor aside, running into the door behind him.

            “Mom!  Mom!” Galileo yelled, running up to her bedside, her dark curls greasy, her eyes shut, her skin pale.

            “Mom, hey, mom, wake up, come on,” he gave a delirious chuckle, grabbing her cold cheeks in his hands, tapping them gently.

            They were still warm, but much too cold for--

            “Mom!  Mom?”

            --much too cold for life.

            “Hey Mom?” Galileo brought his ear down to her chest, covered with a white sheet, waiting for the sound that signaled life.

            He wished she would open her eyes and say something along the lines of “Boo!  I got you!” and then they would laugh and he would hug her.

            It never happened.

            Her heartbeat never came.

            Galileo’s vision went blurry as he grabbed the sheets, burying his face in her chest and called out her name.

____________________________________________________________________________

I feel bad for Galileo right now :\  poar himz.... anyone else think he needs a big hug and some yummy cookies and warm milk to make him feel better?

comment people, comment please?  pretty please?  with a cherry on top (or chocolate fudge for those of you who dislike cherries, and marshmellows for those of you who dislike the previous two items :P)

nah, you don't have to, but it'd really mean a bunch to me if you did :3

thanks for reading, as alway,s and I hope you enjoyed ^^