Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

Tuesday, November 21th 20**, 10:12 AM

            “Tell me your secrets, ask me your questions, oh, let’s go back to the start.  Running in circles, coming up tails, heads on a science apart.”

            Coldplay - The Scientist

            After a long, semi relaxing shower, Galileo came out of the bathroom, his shirt clinging to his still damp skin, his dark hair still dripping wet, he found Fawn rolled over on her side, her book clutched to her chest, her eyes closed.

            A soft smile on his lips, Galileo sat down next to her, next to that damn girl who had kept him from jumping, that girl who had tackled him multiple times, kept him locked in closets for hours and probably was the cause of his black and blue back.

            Scratch that, he added in afterthought.  Definitely the cause of my bruised back, he ran a hand through his hair, unintentionally causing it to stick up.  Sighing, he took a seat on her other side, on her unused pillow, watching her sleeping figure as her back rose gently with every slow breath.

            He removed his sweatshirt, and just as he was about to drape it over her, Fawn sat up, rubbed her eyes lazily with one hand, her eyes still glued shut with sleep and fell back in the other direction, to where her pillow was, her head landing in Galileo’s lap.

            Moaning in her sleep, she squirmed a bit, trying to get comfortable, hugging her book to her chest, a picture of Stephen King glaring up at Galileo from its back cover.

            Galileo held his breath, making sure first that Fawn would not wake up before carefully hanging his sweatshirt over her to keep her warm.

            Again he felt what he had felt back at the bridge when they had first met and he had stared into those bright gray eyes of hers.

            He felt captivated, like he could watch her sleep for hours.  A warm feeling inside he could not give a name to, he tucked a strand of her golden hair behind her ear, surprised at how soft it was.

            It was so shiny, too.  He could just pat her head all day and brush that soft hair of hers.  On a whim, he bent down over her and pressed a kiss to her forehead, jumping when her eyes fluttered open.

            “Who touched my hair?” she asked automatically, a hand shooting up to mess her hair up again to how it was, the Stephen King book tipping over, landing with the back cover up, the man staring creepily out at them.

            Fawn sat up, the sweatshirt falling from her shoulders as she rubbed her eyes, blinking a few times before staring blankly at Galileo.

            “Did you touch my hair?”

            “Uh- no!  No!  I did not touch your hair!” Galileo panicked, looking back and forth between the stairs and Fawn, getting ready to launch himself down the stairs if necessary to prevent her from slapping him again.

            Fawn narrowed her piercing gray eyes, her lips narrowing to a straight line.  “Oh really, then what did?  The wind?  Oh wait, we’re inside!  Naturally it was the wind!” she rolled her eyes, sarcasm dripping from every word, waving her hands a bit near her head.

            “No- I uhm- yes!  I touched it!  I touched your shiny hair!”

            “Did you just say shiny?” Fawn made a face, shaking out her hair.  “Did you?” she asked, leaning in closer, her eyes cutting through Galileo like little knives.  Cute little knives he could stare at all day.

            “And what if I did?” Galileo huffed, trying to stand his ground, but panicking when she raised a hand.

            He knew that expression all too well by now, so he pushed himself away form the wall and launched himself down the stairs.

            He wished he had thought of his back beforehand.  His poor back, his butt and head would probably get bruised now too.

            But most of all, his poor back as he thudded down the stairs, and even though they were carpeted and added a little padding to his poor back, it still hurt, probably adding a rug burn to his bruises.

            “Galileo!” Fawn yelled as he thudded down the last two steps, his head hitting the hardwood floor, everything going black.

______________________________________________________________________________________

I love Galileo :3  his poor back >.<  get Fawnie to kiss it make it better... or not :P  she'd prolly hurt your rugburn xD  oh noez :O

next chapter~ more fluffiness, look forward to it~  I hope you enjoyed it :)