Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen

Thursday, November 16th 20**, 4:15 PM

            “But first you know I’ve got to ask what made you want to live this kind of life.”

            Cage The Elephant - Ain’t No Rest For The Wicked

            “Now Galileo, I’m gonna go out and get some groceries, so either you come peacefully or we’ll have to have a talk,” Fawn said, crossing her arms, her curls tied back in two messy braids, strands sticking out at odd angles, a deep frown on her face.

            Fawn was pulling her jacket on, digging around in her pockets for her gloves.

            “I’m not going!” Galileo exclaimed, making his escape up the stairs, not wanting to be dragged around any more.

            “Yes you are!” Fawn called after him, thundering up the stairs.

            Looking around for a way out of it, Galileo remembered the bathroom window, so he spirited down the hall, Fawn gaining on him.

            Damn, she’s fast, he thought, stumbling a little and loosing his balance.

            “Aurgh!” Fawn yelled as she crashed into him, sending them both flying into he wall, and then to the ground.  “You’re not getting away!” she huffed, pinning him down, his arms stuck behind his back, her knees on his shoulders.

            “Oh yeah?” Galileo asked, somehow managing to roll over, relieved that she was not that heavy.

            Fawn let out a little scream, toppling over to the side and bumping her head against the door to the closet.

            “That’s the twenty-third time you’ve tackled me and tried to pin me down,” Galileo frowned, grabbing her wrists and sitting down on her thighs so she could not move, his face hovering over hers.  “Usually it’s the guy keeping the girl from running away, you know?”

            “W-W-W-what!” Fawn’s face flared up a bright red, her words slurring together, “Youfuckingidiotiwillkillyou!”

            A smug look on his face, Galileo continued, “Well, I’m tired of you keeping me in here, forcing me to eat and making sure I’m away from “potentially dangerous” things.  I can take care of myself thank you very much Fawn, but I don’t need your sympathy, if I want to die, then just let me fucking die.”

            “Why should I let you die?” Fawn raised her voice, struggling under his weight.  “What about tomorrow?  If I’m gone, what’ll you do tomorrow?  Or the day after that?  And the day after?  I can’t let you throw all those tomorrows away!”

            “So?” Galileo asked, staring into her pretty gray eyes that were filling up with tears again--tears for him--making his heart sink.  He hated people crying for him.  “I don’t need tomorrow as long as I have today to die in.”

            “Stop talking like that!” Fawn yelled.  “You need help Galileo!  Let me help you!  I can’t help you if you won’t let me in!  Don’t you want a brighter tomorrow instead of a dark today?”

            “Why would I?  It’s not like they’re coming back,” Galileo sneered, getting up and turning to walk into the bathroom.

            Fawn grabbed the doorknob to help herself up, the door clicking open, a plan formed in her head.

            She leapt against his back, throwing him face first into the wall, her elbows pressing in the small of his back.  She grabbed fistfuls of his sweatshirt, kicked the wall he had crashed into with one foot for extra leverage--not that she needed it, it just made things easier--and tore him around, swinging him into the closet before he had any idea what had just happened.

            “Fawn!” Galileo growled, trying to push his way out of the door, but having it slammed shut in his face, hearing the key click in the lock as he hammered against the door.

            “Let me out of here you bitch!” Galileo yelled, his fists hammering against the door.  He felt awful calling her that, but it was her fault for tackling him and hurting his back.  He would surely get a bruise from it.

            “You just shut up and think about what you want to change for tomorrow!” Fawn yelled, kicking the door, letting out a low gasp of pain.

            “Owww,” she grumbled, flexing her toes in he socks and turning to the stairs.

            “You’re dead when you let me out of here!” Galileo called after her, not getting a response.

            Moments later, he heard the front door slam shut.

            He was alone again.

_____________________________________________________________________

another chapter, I hope to introduce the new characters withing the next few chapters :D

I hope you enjoyed~  vote comment and fan :D

And I've been considering putting this one up for Watty Awards, tell me if you think I should ;)