Chapter Five

Chapter Five

Sunday, November 12th 20**, 10:20 PM

            “And I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad.  The dreams in which I’m dying are the best I’ve ever had.  I find it hard to tell you ‘cus I find it hard to take.  When people run in circles it’s a very, very, mad world.”

            Tears For Fears - Mad World

            For a moment, Galileo thought his heart had stopped, to find moments later that he felt warm, a small pair of hands on his stubbly cheeks, a pair of soft warm lips on his.

            It took him another few moments to realize she was tugging him forward, trying to get him back over the wall.

            I was just about to- before he could finish his thought, she had her arms around his chest and was holding onto her wrists behind his back, and was putting all her weight into pulling him backwards, putting her feet against the wall for extra leverage.

            Being unprepared, Galileo was pulled forward and fell over the wall, her lips still on his as they fell over backwards.

            She landed on her back, the bag taking most of the impact, her head banging against the stone, her hands coming undone from his back.

            “Owww,” she whined, her hands shooting to the sore spot on the back of her head.  Fawn supposed she would get a goose egg in that spot later, going by how much it hurt, but pushed the pain away to push the boy over, who was trying to get up.

            With strength she was not aware she possessed, she managed to push the boy on his back and, discarding her bag to the side, she straddled his chest, keeping him pinned down.

            “You idiot!” Fawn hiccupped, fluid building up in her eyes and rapidly rolling down her cheeks.

            “Why were you doing that?” she asked, grabbing his shoulders, her cheeks red from her tears, her scarf hanging loosely around her neck.

            Galileo’s eyes widened.  Not for the first time, he was at a loss for words, jumping when he felt her warm tears land on his cheeks.

            He reached out a hand, placing it on her cheek, surprised by how warm it was, tears beginning to well up in his won eyes as he rubbed carefully at her tears with his thumb.

            Fawn’s tears thickened as she leaned forward, resting her head against his shoulder, her back heaving as she sobbed, feeling the boy’s chest begin trembling as he started crying.

            “Why were you doing that?” she whimpered in his ear, a pitiful and heart-wrenching sound.

            Not getting an answer, Fawn forced herself to sit back up and slapped him firmly across his face, her lips quivering.

            “Answer me!”

            “When you have nothing left, what reason do you have to go on?” Galileo asked, pain dripping from every word, each one cutting Fawn like a dagger.

            “Tomorrow, the sun will rise tomorrow,” Fawn hiccupped.  “You go on for a brighter tomorrow,” she said decisively, her brow furrowing.

            “You idiot, don’t you go throwing tomorrow away!” she said.  “I can’t begin to imagine what you’ve gone through, but it’s no reason to give into all the hurt and throw your chance at a brighter tomorrow away!”

            “How do you know there will be a tomorrow?” he asked, moving a little, knowing he could throw the girl off if he wanted to.

            “I don’t,” she admitted, a fresh wave of tears erupting. It’s a gut feeling,” she said.  “But we’ve all got to believe in something, don’t we?” she asked.

___________________________________________________________________________

the song at the top, one of my all time favorites x3  I absolutely love that song, and now I feel like singing it again~ lalala~

And now I'm hungry.... :P oh well, writing will still my appetite for now~

I hope you enjoyed this chapter, next one is a direct continuation of this one, unlike most of the other chapters that jump back and forth~

sorry if it's a bit confusing that way, i'm just messing with different styles and would like to know what you think~ :3