Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen

Tuesday, November 21st 20**, 12:14 PM

            “Come on, come on, put your hands into the fire, explain, explain, as I turn I meet the power, this time, this time, turning white and senses dire, pull up, pull up, from one extreme to another.”

            Thirteen Senses - Into the Fire

            “Aurgh!” Galileo hissed as Grandmamma pressed more thin slices of potato to his bruised and carpet burned back.

            “What did that girl do to you boy,” Grandmamma tut-tutted, shaking her head in disapproval.

            “I told you, I fell down the stairs,” Galileo lied, not wanting Grandmamma to go off on Fawn again.

            Galileo could see her scrutinizing look in the mirror.  She fell silent, sticking more potato slices to his back.  The slices stung at first, but then did seem to cool his back once they were on there for longer.

            Doubled over, Galileo’s chin was rested on the bathroom counter, and he stared into the mirror, watching Grandmamma’s reflection.

            “That’s some nasty burn,” she said, spanking his behind out of habit--Galileo saw her do that to Fawn a lot--clicking her tongue.

            “I’m fine,” Galileo reassured her in a firm voice, perhaps being a little too firm because she raised an eyebrow at him.  “I’m fine,” Galileo forced a grin.

            Throwing the last few slices of potato on his back from the bucket she had, Grandmamma rubbed her hands off on her pants, nodding at her handiwork.  “Done,” she said, nodding her approval.

            “Now you stay here and let that sit, got that?”

            “Yeah, got it,” Galileo sighed, resting his chin on the sink’s counter, hearing Grandmamma grab the bucket and march out, closing the door behind him.  He could hear her stomp down the hall, and covered his ears just in time.  The dreaded screech sounded form down the hall, and it sounded like… they were throwing things at each other.

            “FAWN!  WHAT DID YOU DO?” Galileo could hear Grandmamma’s voice, even though he had his ears covered.

            He rolled his eyes.

            I should have expected that, he thought, sighing, enjoying the cooling sensation of the potato slices.

            He closed his eyes, wondering how so much had happened over the last few weeks.  It felt like it had all happened in a single day, and he was tired.  All he wanted to do was sleep.

_________________________________________________________________

finally a new chappy :D  hehe, next one I hope will be better~

check the song on the side, it's by an awesome band :D

thanks for reading ^^