Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

Friday, November 17th 20**, 3:52 PM

            “Eyes locked, cold as ice, tears have broken all but one.  Another sky belongs to reason.”

            Elegy - How To Destroy The World Before Bedtime

            I think I know why it hurts now-- the girl read, her shoulders heaving uncontrollably as she bit back tears stinging her eyes.

            It hurts because there’s nothing left, because all that’s left for me is a hole in my chest, eating away at whatever sanity I have left.

            If anyone is to read this, please know they are meant for that person, my other, undiscovered half.  If that person is to ever read these letters, I beg of you to come and find me, to come and help me.

            Somebody come and pull me out of this dark pit untouched by light, and love.

            Is that too much to ask for?

            People, who live such selfish existences try to make themselves feel better about their sinful being by wanting to live for somebody else... is it such a bad thing?

            To that person, now and forever,

            Galileo

            Crumpling the letter up, just as she had after reading it every previous time, Fawn chucked it across the messy room, watching it land on the unmade bed, its sheets halfway on the floor.  And not for the first time did she wonder why she was reading all those letters, reading all those secrets Galileo had put down on paper, and not even meant for her.

            You fucking idiot! she covered her ears with her hands as she let her head fall to the table, her forehead hitting the corner of the wooden desk.  Her curse was directed at both, herself and at Galileo.

            She half wished she had never met him, but she would have blamed herself had he fallen into the depths of the icy cold water from the bridge.

            I’m an awful person, she thought, banging her head repetitively against the desk.  First I lock him in a closet and then I go snooping around his house?

            Again, she heard Galileo’s muffled voice and the banging of his fists against the closet door.

            Standing up, a red line across her forehead, her hair clinging to her moist cheeks, Fawn choked on her tears as she turned to the door, pulling it open and stepping out into the hallway, dropping the letter opener to the carpet under her socked feet.

            Her footsteps muffled by the soft carpet, Fawn stepped into the hallway, feeling her way along the wall to the closet at the far end.

            She paused a moment when she had reached the door, Galileo’s cries having gone silent, digging around for the closet key in her pocket, bringing it to the lock with much difficulty, her hands shaking.

            “G-Galileo?” she asked in a quiet voice as she struggled to turn the key in the lock.  “H-Hey Galileo?”

            With a click the door popped open, Galileo huddled in the corner of the small closet lifted his head from his hands, his eyes wide.

            “Why didn’t you tell anyone?” Fawn asked, falling to her knees and pulling him into an embrace.

            “I had nobody to tell,” Galileo said, barely over a whisper.

            “You have me now,” Fawn said, burying her face in his neck.  “You can tell me.”

            “You read them, didn’t you?” Galileo asked darkly.

            Fawn nodded, sniffling.

            “I’m sorry,” Galileo said, returning her hug, pulling her closer.

____________________________________________________________________________

Awww, and we cut off at the beginnign of a fluffy moment.... because I don't like writing fluffy moments very much, and this is a romance story so :P  bear with it please, I'll try and write a few in ^^  hehe :3

By the way, the song above is epic (albeit a little hard to pick the words out from, but I like them :3  go google the song if you don't know it xD or I might post a link, who knows, I prolly will ;)  )

I hope you enjoyed this chapter~