Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen

Wednesday, November 22th 20**, 6:27 AM

            “I’m just a little bit caught in the middle, life is a maze and love is a riddle I don’t know where to go, can’t do it alone I’ve tried, and I don’t know why.”

            Lenka - The Show

            “Galileo!” Fawn shouted from the table, over her bowl of oatmeal.  Galileo could have sworn he saw half a banana and some lettuce sticking out of her bowl and suppressed a gag.  Either the girl had no taste buds of she was plain crazy.

            Galileo suspected the latter.

            “Galileo, guess what I have!” Fawn asked, giddy with excitement.  “I found it in the attic!”

            “What did you find?” Galileo frowned, having a bad feeling about things.

            “I’ll show it to you in a bit, okay?” Fawn waved it off.  “Go eat!” she yelled, throwing her spoon at him, which he caught, much to his own surprise.

            Fawn clapped, a bright smile on her face.  “Nice catch Galileo!”

            “Fawn!” Grandmamma barked, coming into the kitchen, a scowl on her face.  “Stop throwing things!”

            “Yes mother,” Fawn rolled her eyes.

            “Here Galileo,” Grandmamma strutted over to the counter, holding up a plate of waffles with syrup poured on top.  “Eat up, and comb your hair,” she ordered, but in a loving tone.  “You’ll want to be ready for your first day,” she smiled, picking the plate up and snatching silverware in her other hand, bringing it over to him.  They exchanged silverware, Grandmamma shooting Fawn a look, throwing the spoon back at her granddaughter, who caught it between her index and middle fingers.

            “You may want to get a tie too, yes, you need to make a good impression,” Grandmamma squeezed his cheek, frowning.  “You need to shave, too.  What will the teachers say, seeing you with that scruff?”

            “They’ll say, it’s to keep his chin warm in this cold weather,” Fawn grinned.

            “Very funny, Fawn,” Grandmamma rolled her eyes.  Galileo saw a resemblance.  Even if they did argue a lot, they were very alike.

            “Eat up,” Grandmamma warned, turning and leaving Fawn and Galileo alone in the kitchen.

            Galileo sighed, taking the seat across from Fawn.

            “So, what did you find?” Galileo asked, not liking the silence between them, cutting off a corner of his waffle, popping it in his mouth.  “Mmmmh.”

            “Huh, oh, just a little something,” Fawn grinned, sending a shiver down his spine.

            “Oh, well....  What is it?”

            “Nothing-” Fawn smirked, scraping the last of her breakfast from her bowl, picking it up and leaving the kitchen soon afterwards.

            Galileo garbled down the rest of his breakfast and ran back upstairs to stuff the materials Grandmamma had gotten him in an old duffel bag (the only other bag Fawn could dig up for him) and grabbed a tie as Grandmamma had instructed him to, even though he had no clue how to tie it.

            Grandmamma caught him coming down the stairs, the tie hanging around his neck, more like a scarf than anything else.

            “Here you are,” she grinned, flipping the collar of his shirt up, grabbing the skinny tie she had left out for him, tugging the one from around his neck and hanging it over the stair’s railing.  “Twist, twist, loop, twist, under, through,” she instructed, fixing the tie for him and tugging it tight.  “To loosen, grab here, and pull here,” she smiled, flipping his collar back right, patting his shoulder.

            “Uhm, thanks?” Galileo gave her a lopsided grin.

            “Good boy,” she smiled.  “I’m going out to get groceries, now you keep an eye on Fawnie,” she bobbed her hair, her white curls bouncing pleasantly.  “You’ve got all your classes together, so stick close to her.”

            “Got it,” Galileo nodded, watching the woman turn to retrieve her jacket from the small closet just around the stairway, pulling it on.

            “Oh, and stay away from the roof, from sharp objects, and from everything else really,” she added.  “Or else I’ll have to discipline you both,” she added with a nod.

            “Have a nice day!”  With that, she walked out, without a second word.

            Galileo stared at the closed door for a moment, fixing the button of his vest (Grandmamma had decided to coordinate his wardrobe after seeing the clothes he had brought from his home), jumping when he felt a warm body bump against him from behind.

            “Oof,” Fawn grumbled.

            “Fawn?” Galileo turned around at the sound of... keys?

            “Look what I found!” Fawn beamed, holding up a wrist to show him what he initially took for a bracelet.  “This way, you can’t run off!”

            “Fawn!  No!” Galileo waved a finger at her in warning.  “You will not-”

            Shit, Galileo cringed at the krick of the cuff closing around his right hand.

            “You did not just handcuff us together....”

__________________________________________________________________________

I have been wanting to write this chapter for the longest time xD  new plotline x)  coming up son (hopefully) 

- Galileo's first day x) ... handcuffed xD

- more arguments with the baker xD

- and more.... xD  

thanks for following this story, i really appreciate it :) I'd love to hear what you think about it, too ^^  so, how do you think Galileo's first day will turn out? post your response in the comments ^^

I think I'll have to go back and edit this soon... but I'm happy with how it's going so far for a first draft ^^ 't'is my first shot at writing romance.... oh well xD