Chapter 9

I Ran Away to Vegas, Got Kidnapped By One of the Hottest Bands in the World, and Now I'm Wanted - Dead or Alive - By All Their Fan Girls ... Can My Life Get Any Worse?! (Boy x Boy): Part 9

-Cammeron's POV-

               I stayed with Ikuto that night at the hospital, partly because he didn't want to be alone but mostly because I was worried about him. While he was still unconscious the doctor talked to me about his disorder. Ikuto's kidneys had already begun to shut down and it wasn't long before his other vital organs would follow. I didn't want him to die! 

My finger's lightly traced his ribs, his stomach barely rising and falling as he slept. He was in the middle of a fitful sleep, moving and moaning every few minutes. I wanted to pull him into my arms and comfort him but at the same time I didn't want to wake him up.  

"Knock knock." A nurse wheeled in a vitals cart and rolled it onto the other side of Ikuto's bed. 

"Do you have to do that now? He just fell asleep." I asked, trying to keep my voice down.  

She gave me a sympathetic look, "Look sweetie, you really care about him - don't you?" She smiled. 

"Of course I do. I want him to be happy." I admitted. 

"Then do him a favor, get him to eat something once in a while. He's gonna need help when he gets out of here. Either he steps up and starts gaining some weight or the doctors gonna have him committed under the fact that he is incompetent." He couldn't do that. Ikuto didn't need to be committed. She took the cuff and slid it over his arm, barely stirring him. She recorded the numbers and left.  

"No, dad I'm sorry." Ikuto moaned, more whimpers leaving his lips. I climbed onto the bed next to, my hand reaching up to smooth his silky black hair. He snuggled closer to me, his casted arm wrapping around my waist. "Don't ignore me." He cried again. I wanted to know what was upsetting him so bad so I could make it better but at the same time, I didn't want to know what kind of memories haunted his past - nor would he want to know mine.

               "Wakey wakey." Devin lightly poked my shoulder while Clary was sitting in the chair, reapplying her lipstick. "Cammi?" 

I buried my nose deeper in Ikuto's hair, my eyes not ready to see the light of day. "What are you guys doing here so early?" I asked groggily. 

"We came to find out how long you're gonna stay here. Mom and dad want us home." Clary spoke for the first time. 

I gently pushed myself up from Ikuto's bed and walked over to the restroom, Devin following me. "I don't know how long Ikuto will be here." I switched on the water and splashed some on my face in effort to wake myself up faster.  

"Clary and I don't mind staying a little longer but Mom and dad do want us home soon." Devin repeated.  

I turned and faced my step brother. "No offense but he's not my dad. You can call my mom anything you want but he's not my dad." 

Devin held his hands up in surrender, "Okay, I'm sorry. What do I tell them?" 

"Tell them anything you want but I'm not leaving Ikuto." He rolled his eyes at my stubbornness. 

"Cam, Ikutos awake." Clary semi yelled from the main room. I forgot about Devin and rushed back to Ikuto's side. "Dev, can we go now?" 

"Hey Cam." Ikuto smiled, the swelling around his eye and jaw going down.  

I smiled back. "How you feeling?" 

Ikuto tried to move but figured it was better if he didn't. "Better than yesterday." His eyes scanned the room and finally rested back on me. "Where's Roth and Shane?" I looked toward Devin and Clary for an answer.