Chapter Thirty

He needed to go to Phil now, to apologise and hold him in his arms again. He didn't know if Phil would take him back but he had to try.

Dan's feet carried him to Phil's front door; he was in shock and his mind felt numb. He ached with humiliation and the physical pain Craig had inflicted on his own, much weaker, body.

Dan knocked on the door.

He waited.

No answer.

He waited some more.

He knocked again.

No answer.

Horrific images swam through Dan's imagination, images of Phil hanging from the ceiling, his swollen corpse broken and lifeless.

Dan began to panic. He ran to the back of Phil's house, picked up the heaviest rock he could find and smashed it on the back door's handle, successfully breaking it off and managing to yank the door open.

He ran inside, calling out Phil's name. The house was cold, as though no one had been up and moving around in it for a few days. He frantically checked the living room, only to find it empty. He then ran to the kitchen and saw a knife on the floor in a puddle of dried blood. His knees almost gave way as he stumbled into the wall at the sight of the bloody knife and what his mind jumped to.

"Phil!" He let out a strangled cry, fear and horror flooding his body and chilling his blood. He stumbled down the hallway, his arms outstretched and shaking.

He crashed into Phil's room and saw his body lying on the bed, covered in sick. His lips were puffy and split, the chapped, dried skin peeling away from his once soft, gentle, pink skin. His eyes were closed and the lids were red but a dark purple shadow dusted his sockets, as though they were bruised.

His hands had more old blood on them, blood that had poured onto the once white bed sheets and dried there, surrounding Phil's body with a halo of dark crimson. Phil's usually pale skin was drained of what little pink colour it ever had, but more importantly it was drained of any sign of life. His skin was paper-thin, almost translucent, and had a very pale blue, almost purple tint to it. His cheekbones were more prominent than ever, his cheeks hollow and sunken.

Dan stumbled over to Phil and sat on the bed next to him, Dan's shaking fingers gently stroking Phil's frail face, hoping he'd wake up at the touch. But he didn't.

He couldn't believe what the evidence in front of him showed to be true.

He couldn't believe Phil was dead.

And he had never had the chance to say sorry.

To hold him one last time.

"I'm sorry Phil! I'm so sorry!" Dan cried, shaking Phil's body, desperately trying to get him to wake up, not accepting that he couldn't be brought back. "I didn't mean it, I was being stupid!" Dan was hunched over Phil now, almost screaming his apologies into Phil's lifeless form, needing Phil to hear his apologies and take him back.

"Phil please, please forgive me!" Dan's tears were soaking through Phil's t-shirt, his face buried in the material gathered on Phil's chest, not caring about the sick covering it. All Dan wanted was for Phil to wake up, to shine those beautiful powder blue eyes Dan's way again. Dan's body was shaking hard and he could barely see because of the tears pouring from his eyes. He closed his eyes so tight he could see little stars bursting under his eyelids, praying that when he opened his eyes he would see Phil alive and smiling.

Then he heard it, the tiniest sound, but the sound of life. Phil's body was stirring, his raw, chapped lips were moving and his fingers were twitching.

"Phil?..." Dan whispered, his head snapping up and eyes widening in hope, hardly daring to believe it. "Oh my God, Phil! Look at me, I'm here!" He reached over and softly tilted Phil's face towards his own, finally seeing his pretty blue eyes open again.

"Dan?..." Phil's voice was raspy but it was music to Dan's ears.

Phil was alive!

"Oh Phil." Dan cried out, pulling Phil upright and squeezing his tightly against his chest, holding him there in a warm embrace and never wanting to let go. "You're alright, you're okay. I'm here."

"Dan!" Phil cried out though his raw throat cried in protest. "Dan you're here! Why are you here?" Phil's deathly face looked shocked and confused.

"Phil, I forgive you. I forgive you." Dan whispered through his sobs of relief. "I understand why you did what you did. You don't have to go through anything alone again, okay? I'm here. Don't leave me. Please don't leave me... Please..."

IT WASN'T A DREAM! Yay!

I do like scaring you guys though ;)

Anyway, let me know what you thought of the chapter, and what you think is going to happen next. 

As this one was really short the next one will be longer I promise. I know I've done a lot of short chapters recently but that's just because I felt like they needed to be sort of short and choppy, if that makes sense?

Also I have a couple of one shot's in the making which I'll be posting in my 'Galaxies' book if anyone wanted to read them. AND the first chapter of my new phanfic which is a college au - skinny love - has just been uploaded so please go and check that out :)

See you tomorrow!

ps this song gives me major Memories/Fate feels as I listened to it on repeat throughout the whole time I read that phanfic :')

T x

Insta: benefluffcumberpuff