Chapter 6: Slumber Party.

It was a bright Saturday morning and Kayla had woken up earlier than usual to clean up her father's mess. Even though last night was crazy, she still wanted to help her father out. Speaking of Calvin, he went out with his preacher friends for a game of golf.

Kayla started cleaning the horrible mess in the kitchen. She put on her mom's light blue gloves and began picking up the shattered glass on the kitchen table. She then vacuumed the debris spreaded on the floor and hung the pots & pans back up above the oven. Kayla also did a little bonus by washing the dishes and cleaned off the marble counters. The kitchen looked more spotless than ever. Kayla moved on to the living room and vacuumed the floor only. She couldn't fix the TV and the ripped creamy couch.

After she finished cleaning, she went upstairs to her room, so she could pack for the slumber party tonight. Asia was still resting in Kayla's bed, but she was disturbed by rambling noises.

"Kay what are you doing?" Asia asked in her sleepy voice.

"Packing. I'm sorry if I woke you up." Kayla stopped packing and turned to Asia.

"It's okay. Where you going?" Asia lifted up in the bed. "Are you going to look for mom?"

"No, I wish I could find mom, but I'm going to a sleepover tonight." Kayla zipped up her bag. "I wanna go over there around one pm."

"Oh okay. Well I hope you have fun." Asia smiled. "What time is it?" Asia hopped out of the bed.

"9:30."

"Oh dang I gotta go meet my trainer." Asia sprinted to her room as Kayla followed.

"Is it okay if I come?" Kayla asked shyly.

"Sure." Asia grabbed her changing clothes. "I understand you're scared to be here alone." Kayla nodded and returned to her room, so she could wash up.

An hour later, Kayla and Asia came out their rooms ready to go. Asia lead Kayla to her new custom pink 2011 BMW. She drove 30 minutes towards the the gym. When they arrived, Kayla saw a clothing shop near by, so she was going to walk around while Asia's in training. Kayla entered the store and instantly fell in love with the clothes. She just didn't like that she didn't have any money.

"Welcome to High Fashion! How may I be your assistance?" The white lady greeted joyfully.

"I'm just looking around." Kayla smiled shyly.

"Oh alright. If you need anything, HOLLA." The lady nudged her.

"Sure."

Kayla looked around at these nice colorful tank tops, switched over to the daisy dukes, and then she looked at some cute dresses. As she finished looking, a Dominican woman decided to ask Kayla something that made her want to tear up.

"I want to wear this blue dress to a party, but I'm too anorexic." The Dominican woman glanced at Kayla. "Are you going through anorexia disorder too?"

Kayla nodded and tried not to cry. "Yeah I'm bulimic, but I try to be strong about my disorder.

"I understand sweetie. It's rough in this world. People don't know what they want women/men to be." The Dominican woman stared at the dress. "If you too skinny, then you don't eat enough and if you too fat, then you eat too much." The Dominican lady sighed.

Kayla teared up a little and the Dominican woman spotted that and hugged her. "Stay strong sweetie. Don't let anybody tear you apart okay?"

"Okay."

"We're in this together. Matter of fact, too show how strong I am I'm gonna buy this blue dress." The Dominican woman smiled. "You need anything?"

"Well I did want a pack of those colorful tank tops, but I..."