Chapter 29: Confrontation

Two months after Kayla found out she was pregnant, she became immediately stressed of Nick's oddly behavior. He'd come home late, sleep in and wasn't really going to work much. The couple would have back to back arguments about what Nick was doing in the streets. Aside all of this drama, Dominique decided that Kayla needed to join her for a pregnant stretching class.

"Nick has constantly been drifting away from me." Kayla positioned her legs in a butterfly position, as she stretched her arms to the ceiling.

"Have you talked to him Kay?" Dominique imitated the same position as Kayla.

"Yes, but everytime I try to communicate with him; he makes it into a bigger problem." Kayla frozed into the same position as she spoke in a sad tone.

"Wow, I know. Aaron does the same thing and it irritates me." Dominique switched into a different position; lying back , folding a leg into her stomach and stretching the other leg out.

"Right..Does Aaron come in smelling like weed? Because Nick does and it makes me think he's doing that." Kayla made a gulp sound as she imitated Dominique's position. "He keeps telling me he isn't smoking, but I kind of question if he's lying to me."

"No, but." Dominique sighed deeply. "Aaron better not be smoking again. He was doing so well." Dominique sat up from her position.

"He used to smoke?" Kayla asked in a bewildered tone as she began stretching to the left.

"Yeah at the end of college senior year." Dominique stretched to the right.

"Wow. I didn't know that."

"Yeah because he never did it at our apartment. He did it at his own ." Dominique stopped stretching. "Kay, we're gonna have to have a talk with our husbands. They have no business misbehaving like little boys."

"Right. They have children on the way and they should be tending to our needs." Kayla nodded.

"Exactly. We're sending our girls to a friends house and it's just gonna be a grown up talk." Dominique observed the other women finishing their stretches.

"So which house are we having this at?"Kayla completed the last stretch and sat up.

"Yours please? It's bigger than mines and that patio in your backyard is perfect. " Dominique smiled.

"Okay Domi, but your house is nice too ya know." Kayla giggled and glared at the pregnant women struggling to exit the room.

"Yeah, but I'm probably moving pretty soon for the new baby. I wanna be in a bigger house." Dominique began rolling her mat up.

"Aww, that's so cute. Well she's gonna be out pretty soon, so hopefully you're moving quickly." Kayla rolled up her mat.

"Yeah."

"Um ladies, class is over and don't forget to bring your boyfriends/husbands to class next week." The instructor nodded.

"Okay." Dominique and Kayla smiled and nodded in unison.

The ladies began assisting each other off of the floor. Making their way out of the class as their girls rushed in. "Hi mommy, can Julissa and I go to Amber's house?" Kelsiee smiled brightly,

"Sure, if it's okay with Amber's mom." Kayla shrugged as she took a glance at her phone.

"Yea, plus we both have to talk to your father and stepfather." Dominique said in a serious tone.

Kayla began checking to see if Amber's mother would allow Kelsiee and Julissa's company. Amber's mother gladly accepted their company and with that, the ladies traveled to Amber's house; dropping them off at the door. Later on in the day, Dominique and Kayla began setting up their small intervention with their husbands on the patio. Twenty minutes later, the guys arrived seeming normal and casual. They both approached themselves in a seat across from their wives.