Chapter 23: Marry Me?

It was a typical boring Monday. Only a small amount of students showed up for Kayla's four art classes and she wasn't too happy about that. She was ready to go home and rest in her bed. As she was getting ready to lock up her studio, Dominique rushed in.

"Hey Kay, how are you?" Dominique smiled brightly.

"Tired. I'm about to lock up, so..." Dominique cut Kayla off.

"You have to put on this dress and these pumps." Dominique pleaded. "I want you to come someplace with me."

"Nooo, Domi I'm really tired. I wanna go home girl." Kayla whined.

"Pleasee Kayyy. I know how to whine too." Dominique whined back. "Pleasee you won't regret where I'm about to take you."

"Okay. Give me the dress." Dominique handed Kayla the dress and pumps.

"Yess." Dominique cheered.

As Kayla walked to the bathroom, Dominique quickly whipped out her phone and texted Nick that Kayla was getting dressed. Nick replied "Thanks. That's good." Dominique smiled and took a look around her studio for awhile. 10 minutes later, Kayla came out the bathroom in a hot pink striped dress with black gold studded pumps.

"Wooo girl you look amazing!" Dominique smiled.

"Thanks I just needed my pink diamond earrings." Kayla locked her door and let Dominique go out first.

"Those heart earrings are okay too." Dominique guided Kayla to ger car.

"Yeah I guess. Where are we going though?" Kayla hopped in the car.

"Just ride. I know where we're going." Dominique texted Nick that they were on the way.

"I'm so tired and you got me out here in an unneeded dress." Kayla looked out the window.

"Ahhh shut up Kay. You're gonna eat your words later." Dominique shook her head and began driving.

Dominique began to drive to the restaurant that Nick instructed her to go. It took only 30 minutes for her to get to the restaurant. As she made her way to the place, Dominique could feel that Kayla was getting agitated. They slowly arrived to the place as Kayla glanced at the load of people outside of the restaurant. She looked at everyone and noticed Nick and other people holding a stretched out sign saying 'Will you marry me Kayla?'

"Domi, park this car and let me out." Kayla began to tear up of joy.

"Okay."

Kayla hopped out of the car quickly and raced over to him. "Yes I will marry you." Kayla smiled with small tears streaming down her cheeks. Everybody cheered as Nick held Kayla close. After he embraced her for a while, he pulled apart from her, taking the ring box out, and adjusting the diamond ring on her finger. She smiled at the beautiful diamond ring and stared back into his soft brownish eyes.

"I love you." Kayla smiled still tearing up a little.

"I love you too my fiancée" Nick wiped her tears as he kissed her.

After everyone cheered for their engagement, everyone headed into the restaurant. As soon as they arrived in the restaurant, the waitress took the group to a reserved table. Everyone took a seat by their dates as Julissa and Kelsiee stuck by eachother.

"Congratulations girl." Dominique smiled.

"You're right. This was worth it and I'm sorry for catching attitude at the art studio."Kayla apologized.

"It's okay. You was just tired." Dominique accepted her apology and looked through the menu.

"Have you called your uncle yet?" Michelle asked in an excited tone.