Chapter 26: Opposite Turns

Two months after Dominique's wedding, she began to alternate into a different person. She also began to hang around Kayla less. Kelsiee even noticed Julissa couldn't hardly play with her after school anymore. Everything was shifting around strangely for Kayla and Kelsiee.

It was the month of February and Kayla was going to glance around at bridal gowns. Dominique was supposed to come along, but Kayla couldn't contact her at all. She wouldn't answer the phone and it was making Kayla solicitous because she always had her phone with her. Kayla decided to try to call her once more and finally she answered.

"Hello." Aaron answered instead of Dominique.

"Hey can I speak to Dominique?" Kayla overlooked him and spoke in an happy tone.

"She's sleep. Why do you want her?" Aaron asked defensively.

"Because she's supposed to be going bridal shopping with me." Kayla said in an agitated tone. "Oh don't think you slick, trying to make Nick look like he messes with kids. He's never TOUCHED Julissa and you know it."

"Listen, I sense him touching Julissa. You should check out Kelsiee." Aaron said in a devious tone.

"Shut up Aaron! You're becoming crazy. Tell Domi to meet me outside." Kayla barked loudly.

"No. That's final! I'm not crazy, so you shut up." Aaron ended the call before Kayla could speak again.

From the couch, Kelsiee could see her mother's mood change from excited and ready to angry and confused. As she listened to her mother's conversation, she figured out why Aaron asked Julissa was she safe. He thought Nick was being nasty to her and he wasn't. According to Julissa, she thought Nick was a pretty cool and nice guy. Also Kelsiee never felt like Nick was nasty to her either.

"It's okay mommy. Aaron is just jealous of Nick." Kelsiee shrugged as Kayla nodded

"I know he is. Put on your shoes. You're coming with me to Michelle's house." Kayla grabbed her car keys.

Kelsiee smiled and slipped on her black boots as she followed her mother out of the door. Kayla began to travel to Michelle and Devon's house in an hour due to the elongated traffic in the city. As they slowly arrived, Kayla noticed Devon was just coming back from wherever he was at. The two quickly hopped out of the car rushing to the front door along with Devon. He quickly turned the key pushing the door open, so the girls could walk in first.

"Heey Kayla." Michelle leaped off the brown leather couch.

"Heyy." Kayla embraced her as if she hasn't seen her in years.

Michelle moved from Kayla and shared a kiss & hug with Devon. After the two had their adorable moment, Devon excused himself upstairs as Michelle immediately turned her attention back to Kayla.

"Girl, we have some serious talking to do before we go to the bridal shop." Michelle took a seat back on the couch as Kayla and Kelsiee sat near her.

"What's wrong?" Kayla asked in a worried tone.

"Dee hasn't been the same since Aaron dodged him from being his best man at the wedding." Michelle said in a low sad tone. "They haven't talked normally since the wedding and it's really hurting him because Aaron's been his best friend since he moved to New York." Michelle gave off a sad look. "Dee usually talks to me about his day at work, but now he just kisses and goes upstairs. I want Devon back."

"Aww poor Dee. Well maybe you two should go on a nice vacation to get his mind off things." Kayla nodded. "Plus something is going on with Aaron because I couldn't even talk to Domi this morning because she was 'sleep'." Kayla rolled her eyes and used air quotations over sleep.