Chapter 14: Graduation

It was the most exciting day of Kayla's life. She was graduating from high school and was entering the college life. She couldn't wait to start her new life in New York, even though she was gonna miss California a little. That morning, Kayla woke up two hours early, so she could wash up, curl her hair, and find a cute outfit to go under her gown.

As Kayla just finished putting her gown on, Uncle Lenny took a glance at her and smiled brightly. He couldn't believe she was graduating already and it seemed like she just moved in the other day. Kayla felt his eyes on her, so she giggled and twirled around.

"How do I look?" Kayla whispered as she smiled.

"You look amazing." Uncle Lenny said in a normal tone. "I'm proud of you." Uncle Lenny nodded.

"Thanks." Kayla smiled as she embraced Uncle Lenny tightly. "I need to head to the school, so I'll see you and Kelsiee later."

"Okay. Do I bring Kelsiee's bag?" Uncle Lenny asked in a curious tone.

"Yes please. She might get hungry during the ceremony and her cups are full of drink in the fridge." Uncle Lenny nodded as Kayla left out of the house.

Kayla drove to her school 30 minutes away, where she met up with her friends outside of the school because the receptionist was late with unlocking the front door. As she arrived 5 minutes later, the seniors rushed in and head to the huge gymnasium. Kayla treaded around the gym searching for her close friends. She found Mahogany hugged up with her boyfriend Michael. Kayla tapped her lightly as she stopped embracing Michael.

"Hey Kayla." Michael and Mahogany said in a warm tone.

"Hey. If I'm interrupting, I'll talk to you guys later." Kayla said in a serious tone.

"No, you're fine." Mahogany makes the 'Pshh' noise. "I have to go pay my dues, so we're gonna walk to the bookkeeper."

"Oh well I paid mines already, so see you two later." Kayla waved goodbye and searched for more students to converse with.

As Kayla searched around for friends, she noticed Camille sitting alone in the nicely organized chairs in the middle of the gym. Kayla hated seeing people looking sad and alone because she remembered when she used to be like that. Kayla plopped down beside Camille and smiled as Camille rose up from her lap. Kayla saw that she was more sad than usual and she noticed that she was holding a brown bag.

"Camille, are you okay?" Kayla asked in a curious tone.

"No, I'm not Kay." Camille replied in an agitated tone. "I'm not happy with life. I might be graduating, but my social life is terrible. No one talks to me, but you and sometimes Raven." Camille glanced at all the other students conversing.

"Listen, you need to be happy that you're graduating right now." Kayla put her hands on her shoulders. "I know life isn't going good for you, but I was just like that at a point. But, we have to be strong and find things that make us happy." Kayla said in a soft tone.

Camille took a deep breath and slightly smiled from tearing up. "You're right." Camille nodded. "I need to stop moping around right now." Camille hopped out of the seat as Kayla stood up beside her. "I'm graduating today." Camille hugged Kayla and squealed.

"Yes we both are." Kayla smiled hard showing her dimples. "Don't worry. Life will get better for you." Kayla nodded.

"I hope I date a cute guy like you in my college years." Camille giggled.

"I wish another guy would like me just like Nick." Kayla scoffed and rolled her eyes.

"Aw girl, you're beautiful. Another guy will take you on in life." Camille laughed softly. "Speaking of Nick, when is he leaving?"