Chapter 13

We spent all afternoon laughing and joking. We played board games , colored, we did anything she wanted that we could do. She never asked why she was here she never said she felt weird or off, she seemed okay. We calmed down and just watched Disney Channel, as one could imagine she loves Austin & Ally so she ate up the marathon that was on. Soon I looked over and saw Rocky walk in. "Uncle rocky!" she smiled and sat up from our cuddle. "What's good lil chipmunk?" he said. He's has a shit ton of nick names for her. "Nothing, just watching uncle Ross." She said and sat back down after hugging him. "Why don't you an me play a game?" he said. "Ooo! Let's play the game on your phone." she smiled. "Which one?" he asked. "The one where we get to shoot things." she said. He guiltily looked at me. He knows I don't prefer her to be around that stuff but oh well. "Baby, I'll be back in a little bit. You have fun with uncle Rocky." I said. I walked over to her and kissed her head and she kissed my cheek. I walked out and saw Rydel, Ellington, Ross, Ryland, Mom & Dad standing, talking at the end of the hall. I had about 2 and a half yards to come up with a way to tell them. My mom saw me and they all walked the few feet to stand with me. "So what did the doctor say?" she asked. "I looked in her eyes. She was scared and I was about to drop a bomb on all of them.

"Well um...she uh..." I stuttered. If I said it I feel that I'll break. I exhaled puffing my cheeks out then took a deep breath. I couldn't even look a them. I looked away for a moment. "She has cancer." I said then grit my teeth harder than I've ever done. My mom gasped and I felt their energy saden.
I couldn't take it, I walked away. I didn't care where I was going. I was just walking. Before I knew it I was running. I ran and ran to no where. My mind felt blank but I knew everything was there. I went out the door and the cold air hit me. It took my breath away knocking me back a little. Just as I was backing up, some one was coming out the door and hit me in the hed with it. I remember falling to the ground then blacking out.

I opened my eyes and raised my head. Black suit is what I wore.
Hundreds of family members, dressed nicely, surrounded me.
I didn't want to be here.
I shouldn't have to be here.
She shouldn't...
She shouldn't have to be in a small pink casket hovering above six feet of darkness.
She should be here.
Happy.
Healthy.
Running.
Playing.
Fake scarring her grandpa.
Messing with the guitars.
Coloring.
Laughing her perfect laugh.
Playing with Rydel's make-up.
She should be here.
With me, with us.
She shouldn't have ha to go through all of that suffering.
Two years.
Two damn years it took for that sick, twisted illness to take my beautiful little girls life.
Two years of her sitting in a hospital bed attached to wires.
Two years she had to deal with doctor after doctor, nurse after nurse, poking and proding her precious small body.
Two years I had to watch ny daughter wither too pale nothing.
Two fucking years I spent every day every night in fear of losing her.

"I love you daddy."
Where her last words to me.
Eight years old and robbed of life.
She actually learned to play bass and keys. She was amazing at it.
She also learned to sing.
Her voice was angelic.
She would sing R5 songs, popular songs, and thing. She'd make up her own song about how she was going to go home and be our second opening act.

I was almost brought from my thoughts by the priest beginning to speak.
I refused to listen to him.
If I listen to him I'd break the dam I've built for today.
I'm a stick of TNT lit from both ends.
One spark and I'm going to blow.

Suddenly I saw movement.
I looked up and saw the casket open.
Summer crawled out, jumped down and ran to me.
She hugged my legs, "Daddy it's dark in there." She said. I looked around and no one was seeing what I was seeing. I knelt to her level and I noticed no one even paid mind to me. They would glance in my direction but would look at my regular hight. I tapped Rocky's leg and he didn't move.
I looked at her.
She was herself. She wasn't pale. She had no trace of sickness on her face or body. All I could do was look at her.
I moved her hair out of her face. "Baby how did you...how are you here?" I asked confused. "This isn't real daddy." She said. "What do you mean?" I asked more confused than before. "I'm gunna be okay." She said. She moved the hair that had fallen into my eyes out of them. She grabbed my face. "I'm okay." She said more stern. "Daddy ask her. Ask her soon." She said. "What?" I asked. "You have to ask her! Soon! Before its to late!" She shouted. "Ask who what?" I asked frantically. "Ask her daddy, you have to. Ask her." She said again. "Wha-Summer what are you talking about?" I asked stern. She grabbed my hand and held it up. Her small hand wrapped around my left ring finger. There was a silver band around it. I looked at it then back at her. She started to shake me. "Sir! Sir, are you okay!?" She yelled. I shut my eyes and continue to listen to her yelling this.

I suddenly opened my eyes and saw a random woman standing over me along with a doctor looking man. I groaned in pain and grabbed my head. "Sir stay with me, we're gunna get you help okay." He said to me. By now I'm in and out of consciousness and can barely hear the other stuff he's saying. I let myself shut my eyes and fade out, still thinking of what just happened.