Chapter Two: My Baby Sister/The Great Idea (Kelsey/Ashton)

Kelsey's POV

We finally made it back to the house, and I finally stopped crying. Ashton elected to drive me, without saying anything. He had to carry me out of the hospital because I couldn't stop crying and I could barely walk. I regained some strength to walk back into my house, but I needed Ashton's help to stabilize. When we get inside, he walks me over to the couch.

"Would you like something to eat?" He asks.

I shake my head. "I'm not hungry."

"Something to drink?"

"Can you get me a water?" I ask.

"Anything for you." He says, getting up to get the water.

Ashton's POV

I can't even imagine what's going through her head right now. I can tell she's pretty scared and being her older brother, I need to protect her. But this is one thing I can't protect her from. I'm not a doctor, I don't have the antidote. All I can offer is moral support, which is all anyone can offer her anymore. As I walk back to Kelsey, I see she has a photo album out. She was crying again, but she was showing a small smile. Seeing her smile made me smile a little bit and when I sit down next to her after setting the water down on the coffee table, she smiles up at me. She slides the album over so it's resting part on my leg and part on hers. She points to an adorable picture of me and her on her fifteenth birthday, a few days before she was diagnosed. In the picture, she had jumped on my back and hit my face with a piece of cake. It was the last time I had heard her laugh for real.

Kelsey's POV

I can't help but stare at the picture. It's the last time I remember laughing without it being forced. The picture is making me smile and I can't help but smile at it. My smile won't go away, but I don't mind. I know I need to live these last few months to the fullest, but if I could just go back to my fifteenth birthday to relive that moment again, I would give up anything for it. I eventually close the album and turn to Ashton.

"Thank you for being there for me." I say.

"I would do anything for my baby sister." He smiles.

"I'm only two years younger than you!" I say, hitting him on the shoulder, playfully.

"I know, but you'll always be my baby sister." He smiles.

I reach over and hug attack him. He hugs me back and I just let his last sentence sink in.

'You'll always be my baby sister.' Replays in my head.

He lets go of me and I lean back.

"Aww you're crying again." He says, scooting closer to me and putting his hand on the side of my head, leading it down so I'm leaning on his chest, his other arm wrapping around my stomach.

"You're the best." I say, looking up at him.

He just smiles back down at me.

Eventually he breaks the silence. "I have an idea."

"Oh no" I say, sarcastically.

He ignores my comment, continuing his previous sentence. "You should come on tour with me!"

"What? Why?" I ask.

"Because! I want to spend more time with you and you just finished up with school so why not? C'mon! It'll be fun!"

"You know, I would be good to see you more." I smile.

"Yayy!" He almost screams, pulling me into a real hug. "KELSEY'S COMING ON TOUR WITH ME!" He screams to no one.