Chapter Twenty-Five: Sorry Seems to Be The Hardest Word/Halo (Kelsey)

Author's Note: Who do you guys think would be a good person to imagine Kelsey as... like if this was a movie, who would play her? I'm having trouble narrowing it down because I can't find anyone that matches what I had in mind... please comment suggestions :)))

-------------------

Kelsey's POV

"What have I got to do to be heard

What do I do when lightning strikes me

What have I got to do

When sorry seems to be the hardest word"

Elton John's voice echoes in my mind.

It's been a day since I blew up at my brother. I'm slowly starting to realize that he didn't deserve it. I don't know why I really blew up at him, but I'm also slowly starting to understand that as well. I just don't think that I was expecting him to say anything like that, first of all. Plus, when he said that Calum and I were exclusive, he was very truthful, but it got me thinking. He's not going to be truthful to only me for the rest of his life. Once I'm gone, he's going to move on, no matter if it's fast or slow, he will. And I know I can't expect him not to move on, but it would be nice to think that it's just me. But I know it won't be. And I took it out on Ashton. I need to apologize, but I have no idea how. That's when I realized... the way he would always apologize to me when we were younger. He would sing to me. And while I don't think I'm that great of a singer, it couldn't hurt to try.

------------------------

"Remember those walls I built?
Well, baby they're tumbling down
And they didn't even put up a fight
They didn't even make a sound
I found a way to let you in
But, I never really had a doubt
Standing in the light of your halo
I got my angel now

It's like I've been awakened
Every rule I had you breakin'
It's the risk that I'm taking
I ain't never gonna shut you out!

Everywhere I'm looking now
I'm surrounded by your embrace
Baby, I can see your halo
You know you're my saving grace
You're everything I need and more
It's written all over your face
Baby, I can feel your halo
Pray it won't fade away

I can feel your halo, halo, halo
I can see your halo, halo, halo
I can feel your halo, halo, halo
I can see your halo, halo...
Halo, ooh ooh...

Hit me like a ray of sun
Burning through my darkest night
You're the only one that I want
Think I'm addicted to your light
I swore I'd never fall again
But this don't even feel like falling
Gravity can't forget to pull me back to the ground again

And It's like I've been awakened
Every rule I had you breakin'
It's the risk that I'm taking
I'm never gonna shut you out!

Everywhere I'm looking now
I'm surrounded by your embrace
Baby, I can see your halo
You know you're my saving grace
You're everything I need and more
It's written all over your face
Baby, I can feel your halo
I pray it won't fade away

I can feel your halo, halo, halo
I can see your halo, halo, halo
I can feel your halo, halo, halo
I can see your halo, halo...
Halo, ooh ooh...
I can feel your halo, halo, halo
I can see your halo, halo, halo
I can feel your halo, halo, halo
I can see your halo, halo...
Halo, ooh ooh...
Halo, ooh ooh...
Halo, ooh ooh, oh...

Everywhere I'm looking now
I'm surrounded by your embrace
Baby, I can see your halo
You know you're my saving grace
You're everything I need and more
It's written all over your face
Baby, I can feel your halo
Pray it won't fade away

I can feel your halo, halo, halo
I can see your halo, halo, halo
I can feel your halo, halo, halo
I can see your halo, halo...
Halo, ooh oh...
I can feel your halo, halo, halo
I can see your halo, halo, halo
I can feel your halo, halo, halo
I can see your halo, halo...
Halo, ooh oh...

I'm sorry, Ashton. You've only tried to help me this whole time and I took my anger out on you." I say, setting the guitar down.

I walk over and hug him.

"You sure know how to make me happy again." He smiles at me. I slightly smile at him.

"What wrong?" he asks.

"Nothing." I smile, big, this time. Lying.

"You sure?"

"Yes Ash, I'm fine. See? Smiling!" I say, smiling like an idiot and pointing to my mouth. He laughs.

"You're definitely adopted." he laughs.

I pretend to not understand his sarcasm. "I'm what?" I say, fake tears welling up in my eyes.

"Adopted!" he cackles out, holding his chest.

"Why didn't they tell me?" I ask, almost in a whisper.

"Aww! No! You're not acutally adopted, Kels!" he laughs less and less.

"I'm not? Then why'd you say I was?" I ask, as genuine sadness fills his face.

"I was joking I'm sorry." he apologizes, grabbing my hand.

"Good thing I was too!" I say, laughing and running out of the dressing room. He chases after me, but I ran track in school so I could beat him out. But apparently not by a big margin anymore. Man, he sure was faster. But boy, was I slower! I finally stopped and collapsed against a wall laughing. He meets up with me and rests his hands on his knees with his legs spread apart, trying to breathe normally. Obviously, we both needed to work out more. We both stand there laughing like small children again before we hear the sound of high heels walking in our direction. Ashton tries to help me up, but falls to the ground next to me and we laugh harder.

"KELSEY NICOLE IRWIN! GET OFF OF THE GROUND RIGHT NOW! AND SAME WITH YOU, ASHTON FLETCHER!" we hear the oh-so-familiar sound of our aunt's voice. She was always a pushover and tried to run our lives. Even though our parents were perfect, she always thought they went too easy on us. She thinks that Ashton is wasting his life in the music industry and she thinks that even though I won't be here in four months that I should be studying for the finals that I won't even make it to. Yeah, I'm a downer, but I'm also a realist.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Ashton says, standing up and helping me up, successfully this time.

"I've came to get your sister. Now come with me, Kelsey Nicole."

"No." I respond.

"Excuse me?"

"I said no, bitch." I respond more 'clearly' this time.

"You will not say such words, Kelsey Nicole!"

"I WILL SAY WHATEVER THE HELL I WANT TO! YOU PRETEND TO CARE BUT YOU DON'T! I'M NOT WASTING WHAT'S LEFT OF MY LIFE STUDYING FOR EXAMS, LET ALONE WITH YOU!"

"Kelsey Nic--"

"STOP FUCKING SAYING THAT! IT'S JUST KELSEY! OR FOR NOW, YOU CAN CALL ME MS. IRWIN BECAUSE IF YOU DON'T LEAVE I'M CALLING MY LAWYER AND GETTING A RESTRAINING ORDER."

"Kelsey Nicole, you don't have a lawyer." she smirks at me, speaking in her 'loving' voice.

"YES I DO AND IF YOU SAY THAT ONE MORE TIME OR DON'T LEAVE MY SIGHT RIGHT NOW, I WILL HAVE YOU ARRESTED FOR GIVING ME THIS BRUISE!" I say, pointing to a bruise that I got a few days back after tripping over my untied shoelace. "LAST TIME I CHECKED, THAT'S CHILD ABUSE AND I HAVE A WITNESS." I point at Ashton.

Apparently she didn't think I was being truthful, for she grabs my wrist and drags me, following her irritating heels hitting the ground in a rhythm that reminded me of the devil. No matter how much I wanted to, I couldn't fight back. I had used all my strength for a week running away from Ashton just a few minutes earlier. She drags me into her car and child locks me in the back seat. That's right. Child locks me. I get out my phone to text Ashton, but she grabs my phone and puts in into a trash can nearby. After coming back to the car, she starts it and heads in the direction (from what the signs say) of the airport.