Chapter Twenty-Seven: The Airport/ Security (Kelsey)

Kelsey's POV

We hop out of the car and my aunt grabs my arm again. She drags me to the check-in counter where she checks in for our flight. Apparently she already had tickets. How the hell did she get all the information needed to get me a boarding pass? Ugh. Just as we start walking away, we pass a police officer who looks at us strangely. Probably because this bitch is practically dragging me around the airport. She slows the walking pace and pulls me up so I stand up straight. She violently whispers, "now look like you're having fun because we don't want anyone to be suspicious!" She sounds like a fucking demon. I take this chance to get back at years of verbal and slight physical abuse that my aunt put on me and my siblings.
"HELP!" I scream in the direction of the officer.
"Shush!" the demon whisper-screams.
"HELP ME! SHE'S TRYING TO TAKE ME! HELP!"
The policeman grabs the devil off of me and she puts on a stupid ass fake smile and starts doing a weird flirty thing to the officer who... by looking at the ring on his finger, I can tell, is married.
"She's just kidding. It's her first time flying. She's a little scared."
"Is that so?" the officer asks.
"Yes, officer."
"Then how does she have an accent?"
Wow, he's pretty observant.
Looks like my aunt can't talk her way out of a problem. For the first time in her fucking life.
She stutters.
"I'm going to have to take you in for questioning. Now put your hands behind your head and turn around." He says, taking handcuffs out of his pocket.
She reluctantly agrees and does as she's told. That's the first time I've ever seen her do something that someone else told her to do. The officer drags her across the airport to a questioning facility near the security line. He lets me sit in a separate room so we can't see each other. Then I realize that there's a huge mirror thingy on the wall. Then I recognize what it is. I've seen it in tv shows before. This means that I'm the one in the questioning room. Why me? I did nothing. Suddenly, the officer walks in.
"Kelsey Irwin."
"Yes."
"Why did you lie to me?"
"I did no such thing."
"Well, it says here that the woman that you claimed was kidnapping you turns out to be your aunt."
"Yeah but..."
"Nope. No buts. You've waisted department recourses and I need to get back to real work."
"No you don't understa--"
"No. I need you to leave with your aunt and don't make false accusations at a woman who is trying to do the right thing."
Apparently she's brain washed this dumbass too.