Chapter Thirty-Three: I Miss You/Elevators (Kelsey)

I wake up to the sound of Calum's voice. But it's not coming from him. It's my ringtone.

"Hello there, the angel from my nightmare, the shadow in the background of the morgue, the unsuspecting victim"

He recorded himself singing my favorite Blink-182 song so I could hear his voice whenever I wanted to. I pick up my phone and I see a picture of Luke.

"Hello?"

"Where the fuck are you?"

"Umm..." I say, looking around, forgetting where I was, "the corn field... that Calum found the other day."

"Shit. Well we don't have a car and your brother is about ready to steal a car to get to you guys."

"What the fuck? Why? How long has it been?"

"It's like 10:30 pm. You've been gone for three hours."

"Oh... shit. Well, I'll wake up Calum and we'll head back. We'll pick up some food on the way home."

"Good." Luke says, hanging up the phone.

"Babe. Babe. Calum. Wake up." I say, shaking him.

He groans.

"Babe. We fell asleep we need to get back. They're scared"

"Who's scared?"

"Your bandmates and family." I say, laughing.

"Oh... right. I forgot. Well, what do you want to do?"

"Go back!" I say, taking the car keys.

"You're not old enough to drive the rental car!"

"Neither are you! Ashton is the only one that can!" 

"Do you even have a license?"

"Yes I do, actually. I am a fantastic driver."

"Fine, I'll let you... wait..."

"What?"

"I forgot something?"

"What?"

He kisses me.

"That."

I can't help but blush. But I don't wanna show it, so I hop out of the bed of the truck and walk to the driver's side of the car and hop in. He sleepily walks over to the passenger's side of the car and sits down and leans his head back. He has been exhausted lately from touring and losing sleep from me, so I let him sleep while I drive. Suddenly, I feel something touch my right hand that's laying next to me. I look down and I see his hand grasping mine. I look over at him and he lightly smiles at me with his eyes half open.

"Go to sleep, Calum" I say, grasping his hand a little tighter.

He closes his eyes fully before whispering, "I love you."

--

When we get into the parking spot in the parking garage, I get out of the car and walk over to Calum's side. I open the door and stand on the step on the side of the truck so I can reach over him and unbuckle his seatbelt. He scares me when he touches my hand before I click the button to release the seatbelt. 

"Where are we?" he asks in a voice reminiscent of a small, confused child.

"The hotel parking garage. We have to go inside."

"Why does it smell like pizza?"

"Because we didn't go grocery shopping and we were in charge of food, now come on, let's go inside."

"Help me." he pouts, trying to hold in laughter.

"Fine. But only if I can eat your share of pizza."

"Oh no, I can get up myself it's all good." he says, unbuckling his own seatbelt and getting out of the truck after I step down. He grabs the pizza boxes in one hand and puts his other arm over my shoulder. I lock the car as we walk into the hotel.

--

We finally get into the elevator and I text Luke that we were on our way up. I turn to Calum so his arm falls back to his side. I go up on my tiptoes and I grab the back of his head, pulling him into a kiss.

"What was that for?"

"Because I can," I smile.

"You're adorable, you know that, Kels."

I blush again. Stupid pale face.

"Aww are you blushing?"

"Noooo" I say, looking at the ground.

"Yes you are." he giggles and pulls me into a hug.

After a few moments of silence, I finally look up at him.

"Calum."

"Yes?"

"I'm going to miss this."