Chapter Eleven: 911/I Will Survive (Ashton/Calum/Luke/Michael/Kelsey)

AUTHOR'S NOTE: THERE WILL BE A LOT OF CHANGING POV'S IN THIS CHAPTER BUT STAY WITH ME <33

------------

Ashton's POV

Kelsey hits the floor. 

"SOMEONE CALL 911!!" I scream, going to the ground and holding her in my arms. 

She gets these episodes a lot, but never this fast. She usually has time to tell us that something's wrong and we can help her out of this. She's never fully blacked out before during these. I really hope she's alright.

"C'MON KELS! COME BACK TO LIFE! WE NEED YOU! PLEASE KELSEY!" I start to scream, my emotions overwhelming me. I start to cry, hot tears streaming down my face. I hear the sound of an ambulance coming towards us. Luke and Michael pull me away from Kelsey before I even know what's going on.

Calum's POV

Kelsey hits the floor.

"SOMEONE CALL 911!!" Ashton screams, going to the ground and holding her in his arms.

I quickly grab my phone out of my pocket and dial 911. I tell them where we are and what happened. I hang up and my brain had finally processed what happened. I start to feel hot tears burning down my face. I bend down and grab Kelsey's hand. I squeeze it, thinking that maybe she'll feel me and come back. 

FOUR HOURS LATER

Luke's POV

We've been waiting in the waiting room for almost four hours now. Ashton has been pacing back and forth for most of the time and Calum is sitting in a seat, isolating himself, and rubbing the palm of his hand with his thumb. I see tears constantly rolling out of his eyes. They must be fucking worried.

Michael breaks my train of thought, "Do you think she's okay?"

"I hope so. I don't think either of them will survive if she's not."

"But what will happen... when... you know...."

"When what?"

"Shit."

Michael's POV

Well shit. She never told Luke.

"When what happens, Michael?" He asks, well, demands.

"I can't be the one to tell you."

"Then who can?"

"Kelsey. Only Kelsey."

He sighs, staring into my eyes, trying to figure out what I'm thinking. Well good thing he's not a mind reader.

"Kelsey Irwin." I hear a woman's voice say. We all bolt up and see a nurse standing there. Ashton, Luke, and I all run over to her. Luke and I look back and see Calum sitting there.

Luke's POV

Shit. I walk over to Calum, sit next to him and put my arm around him. He jolts up, obviously wrapped up in thought. He stares at me for a couple seconds before collapsing into my arms and sobbing. He seems so helpless like this. I hate it when he is like this. I just want him to be happy. After a few minutes, he stops sobbing and it turns into light tears and he regains some strength and walks with me to the nurse and MIchael and Ashton. We walk into her room and Calum slowly walks over to her bedside. He sits down and grabs her hand. He kisses it and moves closer to her, brushing some of her hair out of her face and kissing her forehead. I can tell that he really does love her. The nurse asks if she can talk to Ashton, knowing that he is the only family member in the vicinity. They go outside and the nurse starts explaining something to Ashton. His face looks hopeful, but seconds later, his smile disappears and he is standing there in shock. He walks back in and looks at us, but he seems like he can't look us in the eyes. Calum hasn't even noticed that Ashton left and came back because he's been staring at Kelsey. I look back at Ashton and see that he's sitting on the ground with his back on the wall. His face is in his hands. I look at Michael and he seems to know what's going on more than me. Maybe it has something to do with what Kelsey was going to tell me...

Kelsey's POV

I slowly blink my eyes open and I see Calum sitting next to me. Is he crying? He is. Where am I? I'm in a hospital! What? Why? It all starts coming back to me. Everything that happened at Niagra Falls. Calum sniffles in and stares at his hand. I look at his hand and see that it's holding mine. I lightly squeeze his hand and his face bolts up to look at me.

"Kelsey?" He whipsers, standing up and getting closer to me.

I feel three more bodies come closer to me, but I stay staring at Calum.

It feels like an eternity while I'm staring at him, but I don't care. I wish I could stay with Calum this close to me forever.

Eventually our eye contact breaks when a nurse comes in to check my vitals. 

"Kelsey, we're so glad you're okay!" Michael says.

"We were so worried about you!" Luke says.

"Thanks guys" I barely muster out. Why do I feel so weak?

"Do you guys mind if I talk to her?" Ashton asks.

Luke and Michael shake their heads and walk out of the room. Calum squeezes my hand and kisses my forehead before leaving the room.

"Kelsey?"

"Yeah, Ash?"

"The... the nurse said.... that we need to keep a close eye on you. That there's a bunch of meds that you have to take and a specific diet for the rest of... these five months." He barely whipsers the last part.

"Ash." I say, trying to calm him down. I muster up all my strength and sit up. I grab his hand and his head jolts up. "Ash, I can handle it. I'll do what it takes to stay here as long as I can. For you, for Luke, for Michael, for Mum, for Dad, for Calum. For myself. I will do everything it takes. As long as I know that you'll be here for me."

"I'll always be here for you, you know that."

"Exactly"