Chapter Thirty-Four: Pizza/Do It (Kelsey/Calum)

Kelsey's POV

"No, Kelsey. Stop saying stuff like that." Calum says, turning his face away from me.

"Calum. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. Please don't cry. I didn't mean to."

He sniffs in and turns back to me.

"Why do you seem so content about it?"

"Because I am. I know what's going to happen and I know that I can't change it."

"But why can't we?"

"Because I can't magically create cures for diseases."

"But there has to be something to help."

"Trust me, we've tried everything. We've known about it for a very long time and they've done everything they could to help me."

Now there were tears streaming down his face.

"Calum..." I whisper.

The elevator dings and the door opens. Luke, Ashton, and Michael are all standing there. Calum pushes past them and runs into our hotel room. 

"You guys take the pizza into your room, I'll get him."

"Are you sure?" Ash asks me.

"Yes, I'm fine. I did this, I'll fix it. Just tell them that I'm changing into pajamas or something."

They nod, grab the pizza, and walk into their room. I grab the key card out of my back pocket and open the door. With the door shutting behind me, the first thing I notice is a giant hole in the wall. I look out to the balcony and see Calum standing against the railing. I run over to him.

"Calum" I whisper to him.

He looks at me then looks back at the skyline.

"I'm sorry."

"Calum... it's not--"

"Yes it is. I shouldn't get this mad."

"That's not the problem."

"Then what is?"

"That's not important. What's important is that both of our families are here just to see us and we need to see them."

"I'd rather just be with you."

"Calum, I'm always with you. And I promise to always be with you. But can we please go into the other room and eat the pizza?"

He finally looks at me again. He pulls me in by the small of my back and kisses me.

"For you, I will do anything."

"Plus you like pizza." I smile.

He chuckles and grabs my hand. I quickly change into pajamas which are way more comfy than skinny jeans and we walk into the other boys' room.

"Hey guys!" I say, walking into the room and sitting down on the couch with Calum next to me.

Everyone just smiles at us and I smile up at Calum. He hugs me from behind and I grab the remote.

"What do you guys wanna watch?" I ask.

"Big Bang Theory!" Harry shouts.

"No! We watched a marathon of that last night!" Ashton replies.

"Plus it's pretty late and we have to catch a flight in the morning. I think it's time for us all to go to sleep." Joy, Calum's mom says.

"Good idea." my mom agrees. 

So with a series of goodbyes, mine and Calum's family leave the hotel.

"What do you guys wanna do?" Michael finally asks.