Chapter Twenty-Four: Interview/Bully (Ashton/Kelsey)

*ONE MONTH LATER*

Ashton's POV

"Yeah we love having her on tour and I think it's been the best tour so far." Michael smiles, answering the interviewer's question. I look into the audience and find Kelsey in the front row, staring up at us. I smile at her. She smiles back.

"Ash... Ash!" I hear Luke saying to me, hititng my arm.

"Sorry... yes?" I respond.

"She asked us what each of our favorite songs are to play." Luke explains to me, quietly. 

"I'm going to go classic... I really like playing Heartbreak Girl from our first EP." I smile, remembering back when we recorded it. Those were the times. Before all of this drama. 

"So what do you have to say about the rumors of your sister sleeping around?" The interviewer asks with a stupid smirk. 

"I have to call bullshit on that." I smile back.

"Well then... care to elaborate?" she asks again.

"Nope. Kelsey is only with Calum. They're exclusive and neither is sleeping around. Okay?" I explain, annoyed.

I turn back to Kelsey and she has a pure look of shock on her face. I forget that I'm in the middle of an interview and all I see is my sister. We have a silent conversation with just facial expressions like we used to so our parents didn't know what we were saying to each other. Finally the interview is over and I smile and wave at the audience and go off stage. Almost immediately, Kelsey is running my way.

"What the hell was that?" she asks.

"What?"

"You didn't need to say any of that stuff!" she folds her arms across her chest.

"I'm protecting you!"

"I don't care! I don't need protection! I'm happy with Calum and nothing will change that. No rumors, nothing. I can handle teenagers making fun of me... I did throughout school." she looks at the ground.

"Kels..." I try to hug her.

"No." she says, walking off.

Kelsey's POV

Why did he have to say anything? I'm perfectly fine. This is just like when I was in school and he would try to protect me. It just led to more bullying. He knows it too. At least he should. He doesn't need to interfere with anything. I'm fine. Really.