{a cruel reality} LIAM

LIAM 

A new doctor came bustling in, swinging her hips with a bright smile on her lips. I immediately knew she knew who I was.

That's the thing about Keeley, I never knew if she knew who I was. And if she did, she didn't show it. Her name brought tears to my eyes.  

"Do you need pain meds?" The girl asked. I shook my head no.  

"What's wrong?" I hesitated. I couldn't tell her I liked her co-worker, I'd get Keeley into huge trouble.  

"I miss my mates." I choked out.  

"Do you want to call them?" She asked. I nodded my head eagerly, I didn't realize I could do that.

She handed me a phone I didn't realize was there before. I dialed Louis' number first. 

"Li! Where ya been?" 

"I'm in the hospital, Lou." My voice was hoarse.  

"Oh, Liam, I'll tell the other boys." I nodded although he couldn't see me.  

"And Li?" 

"Yes?" 

"Does anybody know who you are?" 

"I suspect so." I said quietly, trying to keep the conversation out of the ears of the overly friendly doctor.  

"Okay. Love you."  

"Love you too." The line went dead and I put the phone down, thanking the doctor. She started walking out.  

"Um, excuse me, I never got your name." She smiled. 

"Dr. Jennings." I nodded. 

"Liam." I told her. Her eyes sparkled with amusment. 

"I know. Dr. Reynolds told me. I'm also a fan." I nodded, staying quiet, the mention of Keeley stabbing through me. She left, shutting the door.

I let the tears fall then, thinking of Keeley, and everything bad that has happened.  

I'm usually a happy person, me crying is very abnormal.

But now that I started there was no stopping.

I dug my nails into my skin, watching the blood seep through, around the cresents marks my nails created. I scratched and tore and my skin, keeping my screams at bay. I couldn't let them know. I watched the blood flow, my eyes getting heavy and my heart monitor slowing down.

I gave into the darkness once more, not wanting to wake up.