Potluck (We've Met Before)

You started to feel like life hated you at that point.

Literally everything that could wrong does.

Sans smiled at you widely, chuckling to himself. The others looked at you with very, very confused expressions on their faces. You were sure your entire face was a bright red color – like goddamn ketchup almost.

"I," you started, not even knowing what to really say, "I, um."

Undyne glared at Sans, "Sans? What the hell, punk?"
He kept smiling throughout it all, even though Undyne was almost literally throwing daggers at him, "it's funny, 'cause..."

Sans put his hands in his pockets and shrugged, "i wasn't expecting to see you here."

You then realized he was talking to you and you forced a weird smile, "H-hi, um, Sans... I'm still really sorry for last night."

Undyne whipped her heads towards you, her ponytail flying along with it, "_? What the hell?"
It was time for Undyne to be glared at, this time by Toriel, "Undyne."

"it's cool, kiddo," Sans smirked, "besides, i'm sure you got more ketchup on you than i ever did."
Your face flushed, "...I-I'm still really sorry!"

"OKAY," Undyne groaned loudly, "_, come with me right now!"

Undyne didn't wait for your response, she pulled you by your sweater sleeve roughly and you practically ran to the kitchen nearby.

The fish monster crossed her arms together and took a deep breath. It was only then when you really noticed how nice she looked that night.

"_. What the hell?"

You laughed a bit nervously, trying to ease your nerves, "I-I... Um, well. Last night when I was buying groceries, well..."
Undyne raised an eyebrow but said nothing, letting you continue on with your story.

"I saw someone in the aisle and they seemed to be struggling with grabbing something off the top shelf and," you took a deep breath, staring at the ground, "I went to go grab it for them since I was a bit taller. It didn't really work out though, because I accidentally kind of chucked it down on the ground and it exploded. And. Ketchup might've gone everywhere?"

Undyne stared at you for a moment and then began snorting, shaking her head wildly, "You punk! I thought something bad might've happened to you! Dude. You worried me!"
You felt yourself smile in spite of yourself, "W-well, I'm okay. T-thanks for worrying, I guess..."
She stopped laughing for a moment and looked at you, "That's what friends are supposed to do, right?"
"Y-yeah," you wiped your palms on your jeans.

Undyne made a tsk sound, "Geez. I wonder what kind of puns Sans made on your poor soul."
"Is he known for that?" you asked, "I didn't know whether or not that was just something he did when he was nervous. I... I tend to laugh really loudly when I feel awkward or anxious."
"I've noticed, punk," Undyne smiled, "So. Like. What happened afterward?"
"What happened afterwards?" you frowned, "What do you mean?"

She gaped at you, "WHAT HAPPENED AFTERWARDS? LIKE. What happened after the stupid ketchup mistake!"
You stared at her for a moment and started giggling, "Undyne, oh my gosh... I just talked to him for a little while, I guess? I still feel kind of bad for spilling a bottle of ketchup everywhere..."
"Sans loves ketchup. Really. You don't need to feel sorry for that at all. He might've been in heaven when it all happened."

Before you said anything, Undyne quickly added, "You'll just see what I mean when I say he loves ketchup."

You smiled, "I guess so?"

Undyne and you walked back to the living room, and everyone seemed to be sitting down. Alphys was the only one standing and you guessed that she had been waiting for Undyne.