Collapse

What was going on? They hadn't came back in a long time.

You were sure it had been at least an hour. (Was it an hour?) You felt yourself wishing you knew what time they had left, but... At the very least, you were sure that it was taking longer than you had expected.

Although you knew better than to think of the worst, you found yourself panicking if they got hurt or if something bad had happened.You assured yourself that nothing problematic would happen, but on second thought...

Undyne had said that she wanted to get in a fight with Sans earlier too...

You took a deep breath and tried to calm yourself. You knew everything would be fine and you were just going to the worst case scenario like you always did. Still, nothing you did made you stop worrying.

Feeling childish, you decided that if they didn't come back in, say, ten minutes or so you'd go check up on them.

They're fine! They're fine. You know that. Just. Stop. Worrying.

The music playing was bittersweet sounding. It sounded like something you'd listen to late at night.

The lyrics were sad and the tempo was slow. It wasn't a good song to listen to, considering how you felt right now.

You shook your head and sighed. Although you knew it wasn't a great idea to keep it on, you didn't change it.

Besides, the music was quiet. If you focused on your work you wouldn't notice it anymore.

Suddenly, the bell rung.

You smiled widely, ecstatic that the monsters had came back.

Until they didn't.

It was a group of teenagers. They looked like they were seniors in high school or freshmen in college. They were talking loudly and stomped into the room.

You felt disheartened that Sans and Undyne weren't here, but you tried to give the customers a warm smile.

"H-Hello!" you said nervously, watching as the group piled in your store, "W-Welcome! Is there anything you're looking for?"

There was only about four kids, the batch consisting of three boys and a girl. They looked like troublemakers.

Considering your situation right now, the only thing you could do was hope.You instinctively gulped.

"Hey," the oldest one said to you, staring at you intensely, "We aren't looking for anything in particular."

"Hey," The girl huffed, "I wanted to come here for something!"

He rolled his eyes.

"So," she smiled fakely at you, "do you have any erotica?"

"E-erotica?" you felt your face flush, "I... I don't think so; no."

She frowned, "I thought this was a bookstore . Aren't you supposed to have books for everyone?"

"We might..." You felt embarrassed, "I can go look for some."

"Thanks, hun," she teased.

You went to go look for the inappropriate book she had asked for, feeling defeated. Mom and dad never really carried (or told you) that they had erotica. Out of everything, that girl had to have that.

You weren't even sure where to look. The romance section? It wasn't like you had an adults only shelf.

The teenagers sure as hell made themselves comfortable. You watched them with anxiousness as they yelled at each other and said things you, a twenty-three year old, didn't feel comfortable even thinking about.