It'd Be Unfair

"Can I be honest to you about something?"

"go for it, kiddo."

You smiled, leaning into Sans's side as his arm wrapped around your shoulders. It smelt like his cologne, more prominent than the night of Papyrus's cooking lesson.

"I'm not really hungry," you shrugged.

Sans chuckled softly, "you aren't? not even for some ketchup?"

You shook your head.

"did you eat before i came?" Sans teased, "hungry for some bones?"

Your face heated up immediately and you buried your face into Sans's signature jacket. It was warm and fuzzy. It kind of reminded you of snuggling up in a blanket after it had just came out of the dryer. Except it smelt ten times better.

Giggling into Sans's jacket, you said something that you were almost completely sure the skeleton wouldn't understand.

He made a noise of confusion and you started laughing all over again.

You lifted your head up and smiled brightly, "You're such a dork, Sansy..."

Sans laughed again, his whole face turning into something quite amazing - it was like when people with dimples smiled or giggled, except it was Sans's. Naturally, it was ten times better.

"you're a nerd," Sans retorted jokingly, "a real bookworm."

You scoffed, "A bookworm? Not even a pun for that one?"

Sans shook his head and his smiled even wider, "nah, didn't have the funny bone for it."

You shook your head and snorted, "What am I going to do with you?"

"kiss me again?" Sans said bluntly, his face with a hint of blue to it.

"Oh my gosh, Sans," you laughed, "I honestly don't know what to say."

"you don't have to say anything," Sans squeezed your shoulders, "just sit here and let me enjoy how warm you are."

"the talking is just an added bonus. your voice is pretty cute, y'know?"

" Sansy. "

Sans and you sat there for a moment before he spoke up again, "do you wanna go grab something to eat, even if you aren't hungry? at least get out of your apartment?"

You smiled softly, "If you want to, then I'm okay with anything."

Sans snorted and ruffled your hair teasingly, "i get to show off that i'm with a cute human."

The blood went rushing to your face, "Sans, I-"

The skeleton stopped you for a second, holding his free hand up in the air. He pondered what he was about to say before speaking up again.

"now, look, _____," Sans said hesitantly, "i-... um, shit, i don't know how to put this."

Your heart stopped.

"do you, like, maybe..."

"do you wanna go out?"

"Sansy?"

"i mean, it's okay if you say no and stuff. i get that it might not be the best time for it or anything, but... i really like you, kiddo, but it's alright if you said no."

"undyne kinda told me you were shit at refusing things."

You took a second to think about it.

You really, really liked Sans. Never feeling like this before, you didn't want to give it up. Every molecule screamed in your body to say "Yes, yes!" but... It didn't seem right.