Let's Not

The familiar slam of the door swinging sprung you out of your thoughts, the bell chiming wild with sounds throughout the small store.

You sat in your typical place, wearing an old hoodie of your father's and your hair thrown haphazardly in a bun. You felt awful so you could hardly be bothered to even look decent. Oh well.

Undyne had her signature shit eating grin on and she looked like she had just gone off and won the lottery. She held a cardboard box in one of her hands.

She walked right up to you and punched your shoulder in a friendly manner, putting the box down right in front of you. Apparently Sans hadn't told her about the huge mistake you made...

You smiled shyly, feeling nervous. It reminded of you of how you felt when Undyne first walked in, except ten times worse.

"Yo, kiddo!" Undyne teased, sitting down right next to you. She put her feet up on the counter, "Some little skeleton told me you and Sans hit it off on Saturday! Did our plan work? Oh god, tell me it worked, my little nerd!"

You closed your book slowly, placing a receipt into it as a placeholder, "What's in the box?"

Undyne looked surprised, before smirking, "Tryin' to avoid my questions? Alright, alright. I'll ask about it in a second."

"Someone from the Underground, name's Muffet, started a bakery over here - like on this street. She's a little odd, a little greedy, but still kind," Undyne snorted, "I got us some spider doughnuts."

You watched as she opened up the box. Inside were two little doughnuts with purple frosting, decorated with small plastic spiders. Well, you hoped they were spiders.

"I'm not hungry," you muttered, feeling bad, "Thank you though."

Undyne raised an eyebrow, closing the box again, "You okay? Did something happen between you and Sans?"

"No," you lied, knowing that you sounded very unconvincing.

"_____," Undyne seemed disheartened, and she patted your shoulder in an affectionate manner, "Look. We're friends. You can tell me if anything's wrong."

"I know," you cut her off, not wanting to have this conversation. Not today, not right now, "Undyne, it's just..."

"Did Sans say anything to you?" She furrowed her eyebrows, looking angry, "I'll rip that skeleton's bones off one by one if he did anything to hurt you."

You looked at her for a moment and shook your head, "He didn't... Do anything. Look, I just don't want to talk about it."

"Was it the vodka I gave you guys?" Undyne pushed, "Wasn't sure if it was a great idea. Alphys and I had seen it some anime so we thought for sure it'd work! I just want to know what happened."

"I don't feel like it..." Your heart ached.

Undyne kept pushing, "Sans seemed like a cool guy, but... OH MY GOD, DID YOU GUYS MAKE OUT AND JUST ARE EMBARRASSED ABOUT IT? THAT WOULD BE TOO CUTE."
You felt sweat run down your back, "Undyne, this isn't the time..."

"YOU NEED TO TELL ME WHAT HAPPENED RIGHT NOW," Undyne jumped up from her chair and walked to the other side of the counter. She slammed her fist on it and tried to look you right in the eyes.

You avoided her looks, "..."

"_____, WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED?" Undyne practically squealed.

"I don't feel like talking about it, okay?" Your voice was too loud, too cruel. You could've sworn you saw Undyne flinch at your raised tone.