Nothing's Set in Stone

The rest of the day seems to pass by slowly, but it's not long until you're back in your bed staring at your laptop screen. You're watching some random movie, long forgotten in the back of your head, as you try to recall the events of the day.

Everyone typically stayed quiet, a few words were spoken between the four of you but nothing too dramatic or even casual. It was agonizingly silent and you kept wondering to yourself if you'd said something, or even did anything, wrong.

You'd just apologized to Sans for being an idiot... You didn't really have it in you to do it again. But you'd apologize to him a million times again and again if he'd smile for you.

He was solemn most of the day, keeping to himself. Unusually unlike the small skeleton, that was for certain. Not a pun or a joke was in store for anyone, not even a small tease to Undyne.

Was he worried about you?

Your brain would automatically go to the answer "No!" in any other case, but... The gentle squeezes he gave you throughout the police's questioning, the warm hug he gave you when he transported you home... You couldn't forget it.

Sans was worried about you.

Vivian called the police once she returned back to the bookstore, handing you a vintage top with a nice floral pattern. You put it on slowly, being careful of your wound, as everyone else turned around to give you their privacy. It was cute how Sans's face was blue when you handed him back his fluffy jacket.

The police came in a matter of minutes and were quite surprisingly understanding. They weren't even off put by seeing Sans and Undyne in the store with you. They asked you all quite a few questions, requested to see your bullet wound, and went on their merry way. You were quite pleased to say that they did seem very, very dead set on finding the culprits.

Thinking about your wound, it was awful to think that you couldn't sleep on that side tonight. You were used to it and you silently begged yourself not to turn over whilst sleeping. It'd be a pain to take care of, that was for certain.

The police recommended to take medication when it hurt, to rebandage it at least every two days, and to go to a doctor immediately if it was infected. All reasonable advice.

After they left, and despite how nice they were, you all let out a collective sigh when they finally were gone.

Vivian had to go soon after, but made you promise her that you'd call her and hang out with her again soon. And, hopefully, there wouldn't be anything dramatic this time. (No offense!) You happily agreed to her.

Sans and Undyne wanted you to go home earlier but you were stubborn as a boulder. You had just barely came home from a "personal" vacation and you didn't want to take another one unless necessary. Undyne called you an idiot but Sans didn't comment on it, not a single word.

Despite it all, it was your store, and you stayed the entire day. Being almost four when you finally opened up shop, it wasn't like it'd be a long time working. Some people came in and asked about the events of earlier and, honestly, it was a little fun to talk about it. Undyne warmed up and joked along with you as well.

It was still a bit tense, but you tried to push away the feelings of dread and almost succeeded.

Sans left for work after you opened up but quickly returned once you were about to leave. He didn't say much, just as he had been earlier that day, but transported you back home. You tried to thank the skeleton but the time you had opened up your mouth, Sans had already left.