Still Movement

Pipa was quite alone in the woods at night.

Or so she thought she was; because there was someone watching her from afar—though she did not know.

And so the canary thought herself to be alone in the woods at night. A wandering, lost prey in the darkness of a large, hungry world.

It was of her nature to think about her friends at a time like this.

How, at first, she had been together with a couple of other Marks before they got scattered and separated during a chase.

The rule that forbid them to speak proved to be more than just a simple obstruction to victory. Because of the lack of communication, Pipa was often left in the dark—confused as to what others wanted to do next and whether a plan could be devised.

Though she had thought—in the initial stages—of grouping together and moving towards a common goal as a pack, it appeared to be a useless plan under such circumstances.

A pack without communication was as good as a school of fish swimming into a readied net.

Pipa pushed the ache in her legs to the back of her mind, ignoring everything completely as she pushed on with Sylvey hovering ahead.

The bag over her shoulder—though light with limited supplies—seemed as if it contained the crushed bits of what was left of herself; broken hopes and tattered smiles that hid underneath the canvas.

The canary knew that she had to be doing the most foolish thing in the world.

A prey wandering alone in the woods at night with nothing left but an empty smile and an empty heart—

Oh there was no easier prey in this world than one that seemed too weak to carry on.

For it was only a matter of time before predators flocked to such a clean scent of fear and despair—

Searching for a delicious heart to feed and tear.

_________________________________

Rules;

What purpose did they serve?

Iolani Tori was not a boy that watched his mundane life sweep past in the form of a peaceful village. Perhaps it could be said that he was curious

Of what lay beyond the edge of the forest that his mother never told him about;

Of the things that he had yet to touch and taste and smell and see;

Of the things that he had yet to feel;

To think—

And to thirst,

Or quench

A hunger