Blind Watch

For the whole of his four years in Flight School, Vaughn has never participated in the Commemoration Ball or the Hunt Ball—though both were strictly part of the Season's protocol.

Simply put for the vulture: attending the balls and participating in them were two different issues completely.

Of course, as the successive victor for four years, he would have to show up, in the very least, for the crowning ceremony. False compliments and awful smiles were all part and parcel of the victory— naturally, which Vaughn found himself escaping from as soon as the ceremony was over.

Not that anyone noticed, really.

He was always alone.

_________________________________

Did you know?

Vultures are highly social birds.

___________________________________

"You. Me. Ball—eight?"

Lucienne turned to the falcon who had been tailing her all day long, raising a perfect brow in mock amusement. "Rude."

"Just admit that you were very taken by my looks."

"Mhm, very," The harpy eagle scoffed with a roll of her eyes. And then, upon noting the absence of a certain someone, asked. "Your prey?"

"Went to visit his sister," Dimitri shrugged. "Why do you care?"

"I don't," Lucienne replied indifferently, gaze fixed ahead instead of at her fellow predator.

"So...is that a yes?"

"For what?"

Dimitri groaned.

"The ball you escargot—"

"Which one?" Lucienne blinked. Then, narrowed her eyes. "Food is not an insult, Dimitri. You are so childish. Why did I even go with you last year?"

"I don't know maybe 'cuz I'm hot?" The falcon replied, as if stating the obvious. "Commemoration, by the way."

The harpy eagle frowned, confused. "You are inviting me to be your partner at the Commemoration Ball? It be raining dogs—do you hear what you say?"

"Yes," Dimitri sighed. "Forget it—"

"What? Is this some sort of upgrade? Hunt to Commemoration; à la carte to full course dinner?"

"Ah fuck, I shouldn't have asked you..."

"Big thing—Commemoration," Lucienne pointed out the obvious in a thoughtful manner, as if to provoke. "Are you courting me?"